power running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Kind of reminds me of the time in 2005 when looking at a new Dakota club cab, wife thought it was OK, dog went for a test drive in the back and the look was no f. way.
So went with a 1500 club cab.

Blklabfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
3500 Dually 4X4 crew cab, and it is high. It has the power running boards and they certainly help getting in and out. The lab is 13, so we bought a ramp. Fold down the seats and put her dog bed in there and she''s good until the next RV park.

bborzell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
22 Laramie, 1500, Crew Cab. Had Power Running boards installed upon purchase. Without them, my wife woukdn’s be able to get in the truck. My 83 year old sister also gets in with no problem. She says it is easier than many cars for her because she doesn’t have to crouch down to get in. Just steps up and sits.

Only downside is parking in old town in California Gold country. Many old curbs are quite high and auto deploy can be risky if you are too close to those curbs.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If it touches something on deploy it will stop or come back up.

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
2021 3500 crew cab with 2" leveling kit, and FWC camper full time. We waited six months to get the AMP power boards from our dealer. I put in some Bully steps ($60 Amazon deal) as a temporary solution, especially for my wife. As stated above the power boards come down about half the step in height (~31"). Ours have LED downlights which is nice when it's dark outside.

We've got a 45# cattle dog that travels with us and I thought she would be able to do the jump, but we ended up getting a small stool with flip out legs for her. She's pretty agile and jumps from the stool to the step to the truck floor and then to the back seat. We also use a Ruff Wear harness on her and I clip her in with a carabiner when we're traveling.

NikNak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I added AMP boards to my 2500. It was a HUGE pain. AMP still hasn’t fixed the clearance issues of the pinchweld on the 2500. All they need to do is make the rubber stoppers 1/2-3/4” thicker and it won’t jam on the pinch weld. Now that they’re installed, I do like the step height but for the $$$s, they really should have fixed the issue. They’ve known about it for years. I also added red LED trim lights instead of the bright white small lights they came with. That was just a personal preference but they really need to do better with the fitment. 6FFE3A81-39B0-4905-9368-676D01F72A57.jpeg

Attachments

• 0D895DDE-4C95-4286-A405-0148B46CC1FE.jpeg
    0D895DDE-4C95-4286-A405-0148B46CC1FE.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I added AMP boards to my 2500. It was a HUGE pain. AMP still hasn’t fixed the clearance issues of the pinchweld on the 2500. All they need to do is make the rubber stoppers 1/2-3/4” thicker and it won’t jam on the pinch weld. Now that they’re installed, I do like the step height but for the $$$s, they really should have fixed the issue. They’ve known about it for years. I also added red LED trim lights instead of the bright white small lights they came with. That was just a personal preference but they really need to do better with the fitment. View attachment 498748
Even on the 1500s the fitment issues are there still ....

Rabbit929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque Hemi
I have amp extremes on my truck. Stock rebel, (1” lift) I got them in prep of future upgrades.

But I will say I love them so much. Retain the look of a truck without running boards, and the come out and go in faster than it matters. My trucks current state people like them because the fancy step manned it feel like entering a rolls Royce. After a lift it will feel more normal but I can vouch for amp. They make a genuine quality product.

4Fingers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Ecodiesel
My '06 3500 Megacab was great, but Mama was having problems getting in, even with the electric running boards, so I had a chance to buy a 1500 Ecodiesel and went that way. The 1500 has the chrome tube steps and she does fine with it. She still likes this truck better because of the ride even though the Mega had a complete air ride. I had my Mega for 10 years and 100K miles and it had 212K on it total. I sold it for more than I bought it for, but it I put about 15K in it to fix it just the way I wanted it. Sure do miss it.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have amp extremes on my truck. Stock rebel, (1” lift) I got them in prep of future upgrades.

But I will say I love them so much. Retain the look of a truck without running boards, and the come out and go in faster than it matters. My trucks current state people like them because the fancy step manned it feel like entering a rolls Royce. After a lift it will feel more normal but I can vouch for amp. They make a genuine quality product.
any reason you went for the extremes? I live in Maine and wonder if the extra cost is worth it as long as I wash the regular ones enough.

Danny Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My wife is 5'2" and I'm 6' and we had the AMP steps put on. They are wonderful. The Arizona rocks are like pea gravel and they stick to everything, get into the hinges and make a lot of noise. I haven't seen any damage yet.

Rabbit929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque Hemi
any reason you went for the extremes? I live in Maine and wonder if the extra cost is worth it as long as I wash the regular ones enough.

Being in North Dakota is the only reason.
100F summers, -40F winters, snow, ice, salt, wind, weather here is famous for being the coldest winters in the USA.

For the extra couple bucks it’s worth it considering what your spending in the first place. I’ve had them froze so bad they only would come down half way.
At that point I just unplug them and leave them down, manually push them up if I’m gonna plow through deep snow. They’ve survived 1 ND winter so far, which is impressive because our snowfall was insane last winter.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
100F summers, -40F winters, snow, ice, salt, wind, weather here is famous for being the coldest winters in the USA.

For the extra couple bucks it’s worth it considering what your spending in the first place. I’ve had them froze so bad they only would come down half way.
At that point I just unplug them and leave them down, manually push them up if I’m gonna plow through deep snow. They’ve survived 1 ND winter so far, which is impressive because our snowfall was insane last winter.
Well, it gets that cold and more here for weeks on end. I have only had the truck over 1 winter but it got down to -55 for a few weeks last winter. I have never had the factory boards freeze up or fail to retract. Mud, ice and snow will build up but I wash the truck at least every week so have never had that jam them up either.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You have a point spend a lot once but I’m wondering if it’s overkill for me.

cashman070

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too went AMP extreme on my 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn - I wanted two motors on each step - so if one motor went on the fritz there would still be a working motor - I didn't want a single motor and a s l a v e motor - personal choice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I too went AMP extreme on my 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn - I wanted two motors on each step - so if one motor went on the fritz there would still be a working motor - I didn't want a single motor and a s l a v e motor - personal choice
That is why I love my RBP Stealth Power Running Boards ... too bad they still are not back in stock

danediz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the OEM Power Running boards for the 2019-2022 2500 crew cab? Thanks!

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a big thanks to everyone, we got to actually finally look at a mega cab yesterday and one with the oem power boards, both are a must have according to wife. so again thanks all,

Troy