Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griff123

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good day,

Before I go to the dealership and ask, I thought I would ask here first. I just picked up my 2023 Ram 1500 with power running boards. I noticed I could hear them when they are coming out or going in, which I assume is normal, but right at the end there is a different type of whining noise. Is that normal? When I test-drove a limited, I don't remember hearing any noise.

Rob

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Maybe you can attach a recording of what yous sound like, but what you're hearing is probably normal. And the sounds they make can change from day to day (weather conditions?). At least that's been my experience with them.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
and if you are still not sure go to dealer find a truck with power running boards and check !
if still concerned go to service dept and ask if they could step out and have a listen and advise you

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them on my 2022 Laramie and love them. I have always had nurf bars but these are better for me and my wife getting in and out. You can hear the extending and retracting but the sound is so minimal it last a second. I don't hear any winning noise. I would have them checked at the dealer (it doesn't cost anything)

RJR49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine is a 2022 limited. I don't hear any strange noises. I had a power step shortcut on my home screen. I set it back to factory settings to try to solve another problem and now can't get it back. Anyone know what I'm missing?