Power seat has a mind of it's own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Has anyone else had their power drivers seat just randomly recline on them? No buttons pressed just recline on its own? My 2013 is doing that right now, at random, when parked in the driveway with everything off and locked up and while doing 75 down the highway. When parked, I have it on video from a security cam, just randomly reclining hours after being parked. When driving (which is the real concern) the adjustment paddles lock up and will not adjust any function of the seat. Only way I have found to get it to work again is after it's been stopped for a few minutes, the buttons/paddles will start to work again and I can adjust the seat back to normal.

Left a message with my local service department, they have about a 3 week wait scheduling appointments, so I am kind of stuck with a pretty big safety hazard until I get it in. Does anyone know what could be causing this or if there is a way to disable the seats without causing more issues until I can get it in? Any insights would be appreciated.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Faulty switch? Could try a RockAuto special and swap it out. Depending on cost, small gamble maybe.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
get yourself a mirror
does your seat move in every direction with the key off ?
if not, set the ignition to the accessory position or another position that gives the seat power with every switch.

press each button & watch the motors to see which button controls which movement.

the positions are something like lower seat tilt up down
seat moves back & forth on the seat track
3rd motor reclines rear upright portion

so once you know which motor moves what
disconnect the pigtail that goes to the motor that is causing your issue.

Now you can drive it safely until you can see the dealership or another Auto Electric Shop

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey there,

We're sorry to see the concerns you have with your vehicles! If you'd like some assistance, please send us a direct message with some information about what's going on so we can get you some help.

Callie
Ram Cares

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Which company makes the Snow/Rock Plow ?
Get their engineers on the phone or Fax, surely 2022 is not the first year of the Active Air Dam.

The Active Air Dam & the AGS, ( active grille shutters ) , both do the same thing, supposedly they give you a tiny bit of better fuel mileage.
( not all 2022 Rams have the active air dam, so it is not part of any kind of State or Federal Emissions Test )

People have been bypassing the AGS for several years now.
There is a way to bypass the Air Dam

Look around on YouTube for an answer

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
this video explains it a bit clearer

This video was made by RAM & it is about Snow Plows
Your company that sells plows, SHOULD know all about it

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Its his recline, so it should be fairly easy to find. Good call out on the disconnect. If it moves on you after you dusconnect it, it absolutely is possessed and a priest may be necessary.
This may call for a sacrifice involving fire. The gods may demand you chant while circling the inferno that used to be your spare tire.