Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Brannon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V-8
Hello, I'm new to this forum, my names shawn nice to meet you guys!

That being said I've searched everywhere for a diagram to figure out if I have a valve put in correctly on my power steering pump to no avail.

I had a leak on my high pressure hose coming from the power steering pump, after I got the bottom loose and drained everything I tried to take off the top fitting. It was on so tight that the fitting above it came loose instead this lead to me having to cut the hose and taking it off to get the bottom fitting lose. While removing the top fitting directly underneath the power steering pump a spring and a metal pressure valve (I'm guessing) fell out. I put it back in (not sure if I put it in the correct way) and bled the power steering pump after getting the hose all put back together. My problem is I still have no power steering at all.

My question is, did I put the valve in the wrong way could someone explain to me how it is supposed to go. I put the spring on the bottom and the metal valve on top of the spring and it went back in with ease. Do I need to try to bleed it more or is my pump shot? I have no noise coming from it at all.

The truck description is a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 4.7 L V-8

20200216_153536.png

OP
OP
S

Shawn Brannon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V-8
Problem solved I had the flow piston in wrong.
I'll attach of picture of the right order for anyone else DIY

powersteering1.jpg