Power Wagon Pilot Roll Call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Seems as though we have a few here. @CFII @Westwind1124a

How many others have aviation careers/hobbies in addition to their PW? As for me, I was a CFII/MEI, freight dog, charter pilot and airline pilot back in the early-mid 90's. I don't fly much anymore. We have a BE-90 and a CL-30. I occasionally get some stick time in the 90, though I'm not current by any means.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I worked 36 years in Defense and Aerospace. Was laid off 5 years ago and I eventually retired.

Started out with a Bachelor of Science degree, but I couldn't make a dime with it due to it was bad times (Recession) in those days for employment. So I worked nights as a machinist for 2 years. I worked on the manufacturing of the F-104, C-130, 727, and 757 landing gear. Also made the Space Shuttle landing gear. I soon was working on the manufacturing of the SR-71 and TR-1 (U-2) as the Lead Machinist. Was recommended for my skills and hired to work on the F-117A on the same day of its first test flight. Soon I became a Manufacturing Engineer, but my niche was in Cost Estimating and pricing/finance.

For another 34 years I developed, priced, and wrote the Cost Volumes of a multitude of major Defense and Aerospace projects somewhere at or between the Los Angeles Area, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Front Range of Colorado.

Last edited:

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
My old man flew Apaches and Hueys in the Marines in the 70's and 80's.

Joined the Air Force Reserves and flew C-130's and C-141's on weekends while he worked full time at Lockheed Martin with their Skunk Works program as a Mechanical Engineer. Worked on the F-22 and F-35 before retiring from both Lockheed and the Air Force a few years ago.

My older brother flew F-18's in the Marines and now works as a contractor for the DOD, mainly Super Hornets, Hornets and converting Blue Angels to the SH platform.

HEAVY military and aviation in my family. I love it and get a big'ol ****** every time I hear a fighter jet or helo rippin by! Makes me wanna crack open a beer just thinking about it!

Last edited:

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Seems as though we have a few here. @CFII @Westwind1124a

How many others have aviation careers/hobbies in addition to their PW? As for me, I was a CFII/MEI, freight dog, charter pilot and airline pilot back in the early-mid 90's. I don't fly much anymore. We have a BE-90 and a CL-30. I occasionally get some stick time in the 90, though I'm not current by any means.

Yeah, that was my first type back in the day. I didn't have any idea on what to pick for a username so... there it is. the worlds ugliest corporate jet.

only 25 more years until I can retire:)

CFII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My old man flew Apaches and Hueys in the Marines in the 70's and 80's.

Joined the Air Force Reserves and flew C-130's and C-141's on weekends while he worked full time at Lockheed Martin with their Skunk Works program as a Mechanical Engineer. Worked on the F-22 and F-35 before retiring from both Lockheed and the Air Force a few years ago.

My older brother flew F-18's in the Marines and now works as a contractor for the DOD, mainly Super Hornets, Hornets and converting Blue Angels to the SH platform.

HEAVY military and aviation in my family. I love it and get a big'ol ****** every time I hear a fighter jet or helo rippin by! Makes me wanna crack open a beer just thinking about it!

Awesome. My Grandpa flew B17s in WW2 and retired as a Pan Am 747 Check Airman, and my Dad flew F4s and F18s in the USMC, and just retired this year from American as a 777 Captain. Its the only thing I know how to do.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
My father flew Piper Cubs during WWII. He still wears a WWII veterans hat. Color blindness was discovered during testing which kept him from flying anything else.

I took pilot lessons as an Eagle Scout, but lacked any interest due to the rising fuel costs during the 1973 oil embargo. It wasn't something that I could afford as a teenager.

I also worked at the original Skunk Works, starting in Burbank (never worked in Palmdale) in 1981 and my career ended quite abruptly in 2015 with 34.74 years of service (needed 35 years for full pension benefits) by a Corporate E-mail.

OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, that was my first type back in the day. I didn't have any idea on what to pick for a username so... there it is. the worlds ugliest corporate jet.

I actually like the design! Definitely unique. Cool 70s vibe with an updated paint scheme and interior. Pretty amazing range for the size of the bird too.

This was ours:

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Awesome. My Grandpa flew B17s in WW2 and retired as a Pan Am 747 Check Airman, and my Dad flew F4s and F18s in the USMC, and just retired this year from American as a 777 Captain. Its the only thing I know how to do.

Very cool!

My father flew Piper Cubs during WWII. He still wears a WWII veterans hat. Color blindness was discovered during testing which kept him from flying anything else.

I took pilot lessons as an Eagle Scout, but lacked any interest due to the rising fuel costs during the 1973 oil embargo. It wasn't something that I could afford as a teenager.

I also worked at the original Skunk Works, starting in Burbank (never worked in Palmdale) in 1981 and my career ended quite abruptly in 2015 with 34.74 years of service (needed 35 years for full pension benefits) by a Corporate E-mail.

Awesome, GM!

My dad started with Skunk Works when they were in Chino then stayed with the program when they relocated up to Palmdale. Parents live in Norco, so he'd be up at 0200 every day, leave by 0230 and would be jumping on a ride share from Devore to be in Palmdale by 0600. Nuts.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I actually like the design! Definitely unique. Cool 70s vibe with an updated paint scheme and interior. Pretty amazing range for the size of the bird too.

This was ours:

Honestly, it was not a bad aircraft. I went to simuflite in Dallas Late 2002 I believe it was. where did you do your training?

OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh man, what a shot!

OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Honestly, it was not a bad aircraft. I went to simuflite in Dallas Late 2002 I believe it was. where did you do your training?

Last training I did was back in the 90's at NATCO in MSP in the A320. I've been in construction management for the last 2+ decades. I just happen to work for a company that has a aviation department that is friendly enough to let me fly up front. The jets are 2x crew, but the King Air isn't so I occasionally get a few takeoffs or landings.

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have 1400+ skydives using all kinds of aircraft ranging from hot air Balloons to Boeing 727's with jump altitudes ranging from about 800' to FL270+. Guess I can say I'm a canopy pilot :) Haven't jumped in a few years work ahsn't allowed me to really stay current but retirement is just around the corner and I still have my gear!

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I too am a machinist with 35 years of working on various aero and space vehicle projects. It's been a good career. I'm also very involved in model aviation with RC airplanes and model rocketry.