Power Wagon Tires - Post Up Your Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any luck with +12’s and 35’s? A hair outside the recommended range...

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Mine are 12.5s.
I wanted the 35x10.5x17 Klevers but they are only d rated so I got the 12.5s instead.
No rubbing at all.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any luck with +12’s and 35’s? A hair outside the recommended range...

You will just end up with some possible rubbing/minor trimming at the back corner of the front fender-well.

Mine are 12.5s.
I wanted the 35x10.5x17 Klevers but they are only d rated so I got the 12.5s instead.
No rubbing at all.

I think he was referring to the wheel offset, not tire width...

The power wagons come with load range D from the factory. Unless you are towing crazy heavy they should be up to the task. I really like that size tire (35x10.5) but it is as rare as chicken lips.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Oh, I know nothing about offset. I've never bought a set of wheels.

The 10.5" Klevers seem really popular with Wrangler guys.

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
"The power wagons come with load range D from the factory. Unless you are towing crazy heavy they should be up to the task. I really like that size tire (35x10.5) but it is as rare as chicken lips."

I agree... with the narrower tread. I'd like to see even more narrow than that in order to get down to the harder ground in snow or mud. That width would probably have to be a bias ply and not radial tire.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mickey thompson has a new 255/85-17 tall skinny bad boy. Goodyear has an mtr in 275/80-17 and of course interco has a bunch of tall skinny tires.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
"The power wagons come with load range D from the factory. Unless you are towing crazy heavy they should be up to the task. I really like that size tire (35x10.5) but it is as rare as chicken lips."

I agree... with the narrower tread. I'd like to see even more narrow than that in order to get down to the harder ground in snow or mud. That width would probably have to be a bias ply and not radial tire.

IIRC, Interco has narrow tire. and many other unusual sizes the tire industry in general ignores. Unfortunately, the tread pattern is aggressive, like the old Gumbo Monster Mudders.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Folks that get aftermarket wheels and tires for their new PW, what did you do with the OEM wheels and tires? Sell them online? Is there demand for the OEM wheels?

I presold my tires using kijiji (in Alberta Canada) for $1100 (CAD). They sold really fast because they work on all PWs, a ton of Jeeps, and even 4Runners. Jeep guys and 4Runners see them as an upgrade. And I ordered a set of 5 Falken Wildpeaks at3w. The dealer will install the tires for free once the truck arrives (end of May I'm told). so, swapping tires only cost me $662.37 (CAD) difference. I'm super happy! But, no rims were involved.

So, get your set up on craigslist or wherever is best and see if you can sell them before your truck arrives. I had 7 guys asking about my tires and all of them were willing to wait. You might need to be willing to separate them. Just my 2 bits.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi

take a look at the toyo m55.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are +18 and NO rub at all
I would not expect them to rub anywhere on the street. Offroad fully flexed out that is another matter but rubbing a little offroad does not hurt anything.