Power window question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sooscreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 liter gas V10
Hello everyone! I have a 1996 Ram 2500 with the crew cab. A previous owner tampered with the power window driver side, and somehow tore the channel out where it is mounted to the door. I installed the mounting screw with a big washer to hold it in place. The window can move up and down, but only so far down, because it actually fell out of the channel. I was able to get the window back in place, where it's OK as long as I don't try to open it. My question is this: Will replacing the window regulator fix this problem? Or is there something else I'm missing? This is the first time I have ever tried to work on a problem like this, as most problems I have with autos are things I try to fix for the first time! So please bear with me, and any help and advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks, Jim

OP
OP
S

sooscreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 liter gas V10
Hello again everyone! After thinking about it a bit, I went back and removed the door panel and looked around inside the door best I could. I found that the teflon rollers on the ends of the regulator arms were missing. Whether they rotted off, or simply broke, I don't know. Without them, the arms would simply pop out of the window track every time and cause the window to drop. So I decided to replace the regulator, and was surprised that my local auto parts store actually had a regulator with motor assembly in stock. I managed to remove/replace the regulator assembly without too much trouble and am happy to report that power window works just fine! Jim

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Glad to hear you got it fixed.

-K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads