Power Window Squeek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
i found one thread about this with no real fix. my drivers side window squeeks when going down. it does not do this when going up. window works with no problems besides the squeek. any ideas?

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine just started doing this, someone said rain-x on both sides fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did it. I used a silicone spray. Put some on a qtip and put it on the inside of the window channel. works like a charm.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Mine squeaked and even chattered, passenger front only. Silicone spray, or other long-lasting lubricants are the ticket. I wasn't quite as careful as a Q-tip myself, sprayed some into the channels. Up and down a few times. Issue solved.

pontiac69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where do I spray the silicone. Mine squeaks the same on pass and Driver’s door windows.

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
Good morning, the window channel may fix the concern but the most likely cause is the long felt strip outside the window (above the door/below window). If the lubricant does not work on the channels, try using compressed air along the felt strip and see if that changes the concern. Also keep in mind that most/any lubricate attracts dirt, so if you can get away with compressed air or some other means of cleaning the window parts, it will keep the parts clean and keep the window/window tint from being scratched. Let us know what happens. =]