PPE Trans pan install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m installing a PPE pan. Iv watch videos and looked at the forums but can’t find the answer.

Do we need to use the old bolt bushing things? Seems like the pan is drilled out so they go in but I cannot get some of them in.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m installing a PPE pan. Iv watch videos and looked at the forums but can’t find the answer.

Do we need to use the old bolt bushing things? Seems like the pan is drilled out so they go in but I cannot get some of them in.

I used the OEM bushings from the original pan for my PPE pan install. I’ve read on this forum that some people did not use the bushings and their installation was successful. If you don’t use the bushings you must make sure the gasket aligns properly or else it will leak. I didn’t want that gamble so I used the bushings. Most were able to be pressed in by hand. A few needed some light grease and a bit of persuasion with a wooden block and a mallet. I pulled out the Dremel thinking a quick ream with a grinding drum would make life easier but only needed to go that route for one bushing. If you do use a Dremel go lightly as you can quickly make an oblong hole from a perfectly round one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicholas17smith