Prerunner build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
ya i had been looking at the DOR box brace, and i think i want to do that with the borgeson box, but do u think the box and shaft are necesary at this point or hold out for later?

I would indeed change the steering shaft to the Borgeson one soon but leave the box for now.

Did u build the crossover yourself?

I did not build this one I picked it up used with a bunch of other parts. I can't use it because of the style of rod ends on it. I will be going with a 99+ Ford F450-550 steering linkage at some point (it is a full factory style crossover).

Radial arms, ok well there is one more place that is making them and much cheaper than Carli, now to think who that was. I will post it when I find it.

If you want to get inventive why not install a Ford Dana 50 TTB front diff, some fab work for sure.

So what is your travel goal and how much lift?

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I would indeed change the steering shaft to the Borgeson one soon but leave the box for now.

I did not build this one I picked it up used with a bunch of other parts. I can't use it because of the style of rod ends on it. I will be going with a 99+ Ford F450-550 steering linkage at some point (it is a full factory style crossover).

Radial arms, ok well there is one more place that is making them and much cheaper than Carli, now to think who that was. I will post it when I find it.

If you want to get inventive why not install a Ford Dana 50 TTB front diff, some fab work for sure.

So what is your travel goal and how much lift?

HAHA "some" fab work :suicide:
as far as travel by the time i get to the rear it will be no limits lol but for now im thinking somewhere between 15-24"
and for lift only enough to clear 35's really... maybe 37's

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Me I would just grab the whole front Ford TTB crossmember and work it from there.

I can see 16" travel but not much more then that, The front DS will not travel that much.

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Me I would just grab the whole front Ford TTB crossmember and work it from there.

I can see 16" travel but not much more then that, The front DS will not travel that much.

i was thinking 15" as i start the build but once its just a toy i know ill go more than that (24")

im still not quite set in stone on anything suspension wise seeing as how its gonna be a while til i get there

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
^^ anybody know where to find axle truss' for our 2nd gen 1/2 tons? I can't find anything for the d44 or the 9.25 anywhere. Don't really "need" them, I just like the looks :D

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
^^ anybody know where to find axle truss' for our 2nd gen 1/2 tons? I can't find anything for the d44 or the 9.25 anywhere. Don't really "need" them, I just like the looks :D

I would send these guys a email see what they can come up with. They make some very nice parts!

Axle Trusses

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Wow, just checked out their site, they really do have some good lookin stuff... I sent them an email, if they come up with anything I'll post it up. Thanks again merc225hp. BTW, I would like to look into the crossover steering set up you mention in earlier posts... any idea on what I'm looking at in $ for a 01 1500 ORE?
I would send these guys a email see what they can come up with. They make some very nice parts!

Axle Trusses