Prerunner build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't see it a lot with our 2nd gens and I like doing something different. So I've been looking around a lot and am thinking of starting the truck as a long term prerunner build.. Any thoughts?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Do it. You can still get the fiberglas fenders and bedsides. 2gs look freakin awesome as prerunner/baja rigs.
I mean REALLY?! :D
_92_-carlos-calderon-dodge-ram-cummins-prerunner.jpg
images

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Do it. You can still get the fiberglas fenders and bedsides. 2gs look freakin awesome as prerunner/baja rigs.
I mean REALLY?! :D
_92_-carlos-calderon-dodge-ram-cummins-prerunner.jpg
images

ive been looking at that top one alot, i follow the dude on IG.. but ya i agree theyre badass as prerunner set ups :waytogo:
DD94: Im thinking of Carli/King for suspension set up (way in the future) but starting with steering and core for now

Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
This should be an interesting build.

Either of you have a link to where to get those fenders?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
^^^ Thanks

I have a bit of info for going coil-over, couple of bracket opts, spring rates, truss's stuff like that. Are you staying with short control arms or going long?

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^^^ Thanks

I have a bit of info for going coil-over, couple of bracket opts, spring rates, truss's stuff like that. Are you staying with short control arms or going long?

eventually going long.. maybe a radius arm set up but thats FAR off lol Im gonna start with my front end and work on my steering components...
i was thinking:
a) steering
b) bumpers/ fiberglass
c) suspension (front)
d) suspension (rear)
e) wheels/tires
f) motor/drivetrain

that way i can break it up into reasonable chunks over time

id love to hear your input tho :favorites13:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
eventually going long.. maybe a radius arm set up but thats FAR off lol Im gonna start with my front end and work on my steering components...
i was thinking:
a) steering
b) bumpers/ fiberglass
c) suspension (front)
d) suspension (rear)
e) wheels/tires
f) motor/drivetrain

that way i can break it up into reasonable chunks over time

id love to hear your input tho :favorites13:

Ok nice way to do it.

Start at the top then.

a) steering
What do you want to do for steering?
What laws if any do you have to follow to keep it road legal? Have you looked into this?

There are opts, most are not a Dodge related setups and some will require drilling the steering knuckles or changing the taper where the tre's attach.

b) bumpers/ fiberglass
c) suspension (front)
d) suspension (rear)
e) wheels/tires
f) motor/drivetrain

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok nice way to do it.

Start at the top then.

a) steering
What do you want to do for steering?
What laws if any do you have to follow to keep it road legal? Have you looked into this?

There are opts, most are not a Dodge related setups and some will require drilling the steering knuckles or changing the taper where the tre's attach.

well im moving to CO in August so keeping it street legal wont be very hard lol they allow almost everything and by the time i come back to CA ill have my Cummins so this will be just a toy..

but i am looking into going with the T style swap and upgrading major components like , shaft, box, box brace, pump, eventually trac bar..

but starting with box and box brace

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Ok so open slate mod wise.

I would go nothing less than a full cross-over steering linkage. Price out 1.75x.250 DOM tubing around 13' and I will put together a parts list for the rest needed and post it up later.

Have a look at the DOR steering box brace, better than the ones that join the frame rails together.

Edit As for the tracbar find a frame end bracket (3gen style) that updates to the bushing over the stud and then build your own DOM track bar.

Edit; Ad pix

This is a DOM cross-over steering setup I have sitting around. Just giving you an idea of what it would look like.

2013-10-25_14-14-30_876_zpsc923ad2e.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok so open slate mod wise.

I would go nothing less than a full cross-over steering linkage. Price out 1.75x.250 DOM tubing around 13' and I will put together a parts list for the rest needed and post it up later.

Have a look at the DOR steering box brace, better than the ones that join the frame rails together.

Edit As for the tracbar find a frame end bracket (3gen style) that updates to the bushing over the stud and then build your own DOM track bar.

ya i had been looking at the DOR box brace, and i think i want to do that with the borgeson box, but do u think the box and shaft are necesary at this point or hold out for later?