Previous Rental Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithStone76

Reaction score
Ram Year
20??
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
In a previous post, someone mentioned whether or not they should be concerned with purchasing a previous rental. I bought my '17 quad cab slt 4x4 with the Pentastar from a used car dealer in '18 that was previously owned by Enterprise. I've had zero issues with it and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another. I've got about 48k miles on it now. How about any other previous rental truck owners. What say you?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Octane

Reaction score
I had a coworker that rented a mercury bobcat in the seventies and for about a month he drove and beat that thing like a rented mule! I would think most do not abuse a rental car

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a lot of people driving rentals and they don't even know it. It's really no different than buying any used truck unless it's from someone you know and know how they took care of it.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Earlier this month when I got my new truck it had a small dent in it, underneath the passenger taillight. The dealership fixed it and called it lot damage.

While it was in they got me a rental from Enterprise. It was a '19 crew cab big horn. Really nice truck with 9k on the clock. Three tires looked brand new. One was almost bald. Guess which one? The wheel well had loads of dried rubber built up in it. Someone had fun with it.

Take that story for what it's worth.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In a previous post, someone mentioned whether or not they should be concerned with purchasing a previous rental. I bought my '17 quad cab slt 4x4 with the Pentastar from a used car dealer in '18 that was previously owned by Enterprise. I've had zero issues with it and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another. I've got about 48k miles on it now. How about any other previous rental truck owners. What say you?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
2018 1500 Laramie CC Hemi 6’4” bed. Purchased in July ‘18 from used dealer with 12k on the clock. Was originally an Enterprise rental. Now at 40k on the clock and going strong. Just had it in this week at the dealership for routine scheduled maintenance. Never any issues and runs like a beast! I did get the Liferime Maxcare warranty on it though, just in case.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Before I bought my 2017 Cumins 4x4 last June. Carfax said it was a rental or fleet vehicle.
I bought it with just over 33,000 miles on it from a local Ram dealer and was like new. I have driven it just under 10K miles since then with a few thousand towing our TT and it has been awesome. Power like I've never had, smooth and very quiet.
I couldn't be happier. :favorites13::banana-mario:

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be a bit concerned, because some people drove it like it wasn't theirs, because it wasn't. I've been guilty of that myself. Many others though, probably just drive them normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank