Problems after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Postman2015

Postman2015

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
1E265D06-A769-43E9-B3ED-898C805B6F0E.jpeg
If you look closely on this pic you can see that the cv axle appears not to be pressed all the way into the intermediate shaft. It felt good when I installed it as it popped past the ring and seated. I’m concerned because the other side is nearly flush, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience on their install.

OP
OP
Postman2015

Postman2015

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How much lift do you have? Those 35’s look tiny on your truck.
6 inches, probably closer to 7 with the bilsteins set at 2.1 and a 5” rear spring. My wife told me they’re the biggest she’s ever seen, she might be lying though.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a thought, but I wonder if the shop could have left the factory retaining clip on the rotors. The spacers probably aren't dished out to accept this like the wheels are.

OP
OP
Postman2015

Postman2015

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just a thought, but I wonder if the shop could have left the factory retaining clip on the rotors. The spacers probably aren't dished out to accept this like the wheels are.
I did the work, star clip is gone.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
View attachment 225322
If you look closely on this pic you can see that the cv axle appears not to be pressed all the way into the intermediate shaft. It felt good when I installed it as it popped past the ring and seated. I’m concerned because the other side is nearly flush, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience on their install.

this is the passenger side we’re looking at?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can you get it to move at all?

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just gonna throw this out there. Could it be a warped rotor? Maybe a sticking caliper? Our JKUR was giving me fits as the ps front caliper would stick occasionally, causing the rotor to glow orange. I replaced both calipers 2x's only to realize it was the rubber brake line that collapsed internally. Couldn't tell by looking at the brake line though.

Replaced both front brake lines, calipers, pads and rotors and haven't had any problems since.

flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Last week I finally installed a 6" zone lift, and I am having a loud "wubba wubba" coming from the front driver's side. With the lift I replaced the UCA's, LCA's, CV axles, 5100 Bilsteins at 2.1, and I also threw on new brake pads. I put Michelin 35's on the factory wheels with 1.5 inch hubcentric spacers, and got the new tires balanced with good alignment specs. The noise sounds to me exactly like a bad wheel bearing, and so I replaced the wheel hub assembly, still have the noise. The noise is loudest at 30-40 MPH and I can feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and acceleration pedal. I rechecked the torque on everything, no problems there. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what might be going on here or where to start. The truck rode perfect before it was lifted.
Of course it rode perfect before the lift. That's what it was designed to do. Why ruin a perfectly good truck and it's perfect ride by lifting it? Pretty silly really.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Of course it rode perfect before the lift. That's what it was designed to do. Why ruin a perfectly good truck and it's perfect ride by lifting it? Pretty silly really.
I don't think everyone bought there truck with the thought that it was exactly what they wanted. I have basically the same truck with the same lift and yes it rode well stock but it was not ultimately what I wanted. If you are content with the factory configuration that is great but don't put anyone down for wanting something different. His truck isn't ruined, he just has a few bugs to work out. I think it looks great and really as long as he is happy with it, your opinion doesn't matter.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
waiting on updates @Postman2015 im curious if it was something dumb and need more suspension pictures please

vala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You wonder why you have an issue with a 6 inch lift? Maybe the problem is the truck is not designed for a 6 inch lift. What's the appeal with lifts anyways? You can only clear what the bottom of the differential can clear, nothing looks more stupid than a truck sitting so high that you need a step ladder to get into but the differential is still 8 inches off the ground.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
You wonder why you have an issue with a 6 inch lift? Maybe the problem is the truck is not designed for a 6 inch lift. What's the appeal with lifts anyways? You can only clear what the bottom of the differential can clear, nothing looks more stupid than a truck sitting so high that you need a step ladder to get into but the differential is still 8 inches off the ground.

Be a productive member of society or move along. There are other sections on this forum if you're not into the lifted scene.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rotate that tire to another position and see if the noise stays or moved with that tire. I’ve had tires make that noise before on a used car. Drove me crazy. Checked bearings, brakes, etc. Just ended up being a bad tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Postman2015

Postman2015

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
waiting on updates @Postman2015 im curious if it was something dumb and need more suspension pictures please

Alright so just an update for all the guys saying “why would you ruin a perfectly good truck with a lift?”. I finally got a second to go turn some wrenches yesterday. Turns out it was the passenger side wheel bearing. It really threw me off because it started making noise the second I installed the lift. Wheel bearing felt and sounded good until I took the assembly out and turned it by hand, heard a very slight knock. Also put on new rotors for good measure, but I don’t think those guys were the problem. Truck drives nice and smooth. Supreme suspensions wheel spacers are giving me no issues, and with my factory wheels there is no reason to trim the studs.

Now I just need to figure out why the esc/traction control light is permanently installed on the dash.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reading through your first post you had diagnosed your issue immediately, bad wheel bearing.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB1

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Alright so just an update for all the guys saying “why would you ruin a perfectly good truck with a lift?”. I finally got a second to go turn some wrenches yesterday. Turns out it was the passenger side wheel bearing. It really threw me off because it started making noise the second I installed the lift. Wheel bearing felt and sounded good until I took the assembly out and turned it by hand, heard a very slight knock. Also put on new rotors for good measure, but I don’t think those guys were the problem. Truck drives nice and smooth. Supreme suspensions wheel spacers are giving me no issues, and with my factory wheels there is no reason to trim the studs.

Now I just need to figure out why the esc/traction control light is permanently installed on the dash.

possibly knocked the abs sensor a good scan tool should tell you which one is damaged or not plugged back in properly

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
possibly knocked the abs sensor a good scan tool should tell you which one is damaged or not plugged back in properly
Exactly, need to pull the code and see what is states. If it's just one wheel sensor it will tell you which location. I would suspect it is the wheel that had the bad bearing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981