Problems using a splitter to install front and rear cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genosguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 ltr
It would seem, that's why I'm asking, that since both the front and rear cameras are activated by a 12 volt control signal it would appear that a video splitter could be used to put either signal into the radio and with a selector switch, select the front cameria or the review reverse activated camera.
As I see it no need to switch the video since none is present (from back up/forward cam's) unless activated.

What problems am I missing?

fufanu180

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m curious. I don’t have the camera on the front but I do have the tailgate camera and I installed the mopar LED 3rd brake light that comes with a camera. I would love to make it operational. Maybe your question and my issue can be solved by the same solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP your post is a little vague. are you using a aftermarket cam or factory? factory head unit or aftermarket?

THe factory 8" screens have 2 inputs one cargo and one backup. its not just a 12 volt signal on these cams they are controlled through the bcm. the sales codes need to be added at the dealer.