Projector help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my projector is bouncing around in the housing. Help! Not sure how to post video but it is wiggling north/south. Not sure if there is a clip or something that broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I pulled back on the projector and one side popped back in and I noticed this. Looks cracked. Any suggestions? The base of the bolt there.

a7813c8f4064dfccc5504ee4370f790b.jpg

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
If its cracked the only way to get the projector out is to open the headlight = PITA. So I would snap it back flush to where it needs to be, mix up a bit of JB weld and use a swab or something to smear it on the crack thick. It will bond and hold it forever. The JB weld takes lie 12-24hrs to cure and it will run if you install the headlight so my idea would be to lay it flat on a table (lense down on a towel) and do the JB weld. Then let it sit over night/day and reinstall and you should be good to go. Or if the truck is under warranty see what they will do at the dealer, they will more than likely replace the whole headlight if thats the case.

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Running to grab some crazy glue now. I’m at work so I can’t take the time to jb it right now but that would be next step

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I wouldnt bother with crazy glue. IF it doesnt hold your going to be fighting adhesion with the JB weld. So you wont get as strong of a bond. Also once you try to fix it... it wont be warrantied... so if your going to try to fix it dont bother trying to get RAM to take care of it.