Propane conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone here has done the propane conversion. I'm just curious about number.

I've done the conversion 1 year ago and has no regret.

Not a perfect system, but nothing major even with -35C° temp

I guess that in the US it must be less popular than here in canada with a liter between 1.25$ and 1.50$ / Liter. The propane is about all included between 0.58$ and 0.71$ / liter.

My dealer had no problem with the conversion, and know how to deal with in case of warranty.

Notice that I have the biggest tank availble for a pick up truck there is 2 other smaller tank size , one of them replace the spare tire.

Now my big powerfull hemi, cost me to run the same as a honda civic.

QvejbrQHU4YbuVcdZdLVcNbDH5t-50I35cT0=w1048-h786-no.png

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea... how much power did you lose? I remember working for the gas Co. and our vehicles were cng... horrible power loss. on top of that we would be limited to which roads we could take a CNG aren't allowed on certain roads, tunnels, etc.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
shoulda bought a long bed, lol.. Cool idea though.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea... how much power did you lose? I remember working for the gas Co. and our vehicles were cng... horrible power loss. on top of that we would be limited to which roads we could take a CNG aren't allowed on certain roads, tunnels, etc.
Not only that but he would be required to display those big ugly flammable gas placards and be required to stop at all railroad crossings.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone here has done the propane conversion. I'm just curious about number.

I've done the conversion 1 year ago and has no regret.

Not a perfect system, but nothing major even with -35C° temp

I guess that in the US it must be less popular than here in canada with a liter between 1.25$ and 1.50$ / Liter. The propane is about all included between 0.58$ and 0.71$ / liter.

My dealer had no problem with the conversion, and know how to deal with in case of warranty.

Notice that I have the biggest tank availble for a pick up truck there is 2 other smaller tank size , one of them replace the spare tire.

Now my big powerfull hemi, cost me to run the same as a honda civic.

QvejbrQHU4YbuVcdZdLVcNbDH5t-50I35cT0=w1048-h786-no.png
Combien t'as coûté la conversion environ?

Est ce que ca switch au gaz régulier si tu manques de propane?
Combien de litres la "grosse tank"
Merci
JR

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd like a Propane, or CNG conversion, if you could retain the gasoline system, in conjunction. In other words, have both onboard. Flip a switch to go from one fuel to the other. But all propane..... it has its advantages, but for me they're outweighed by the disadvantages.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not only that but he would be required to display those big ugly flammable gas placards and be required to stop at all railroad crossings.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That would only apply if you were carrying a big enough tank to hold 1000 lbs or more , then you would be hazmat and need that certification to drive it.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like a Propane, or CNG conversion, if you could retain the gasoline system, in conjunction. In other words, have both onboard. Flip a switch to go from one fuel to the other. But all propane..... it has its advantages, but for me they're outweighed by the disadvantages.

Used to be able to do it on carbed engines. You would start it on gas then switch to propane or NG. Just ran a hat on top of the carb. Would have to think it is possible on an injected engine.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s how the factory equipped CNG Ram works. Actually, there’s no driver input needed. It starts on gas, then switches to CNG, then back to gas when it gets low. Not sure if the OP had the factory conversion done, or an aftermarket one, though.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Used to be able to do it on carbed engines. You would start it on gas then switch to propane or NG. Just ran a hat on top of the carb. Would have to think it is possible on an injected engine.

That's how my old Jeep pickup ran. I had a bed rail to rail tank mounted right behind the windshield, would just look in the rear view mirror to see the fuel gauge. The 18 gallon gas tank would last about a month with me going back and forth to high school and work.

I was going to do the conversion on my '98 RAM with the 360 but could not find a "certified" kit for that engine/year.