Puddle lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed puddle lamp/heated/auto dimming/power folding mirrors, installed the required door modules, used AlfaOBD to add power folding, turn signal repeater and approach/courtesy lamps, but the puddle lamp doesn't come on, either side. Power fold works, sequential turn works, positional motor works. These are brand new after market LED sequential turn puddle lamps, and I verified the pinout using a battery and jumper wires. Center to left is turn, and center to right is puddle. I even tried my old door module, but since it's all controlled by CAN, I can't tell if the command is there or not. What am I doing wrong?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Installed puddle lamp/heated/auto dimming/power folding mirrors, installed the required door modules, used AlfaOBD to add power folding, turn signal repeater and approach/courtesy lamps, but the puddle lamp doesn't come on, either side. Power fold works, sequential turn works, positional motor works. These are brand new after market LED sequential turn puddle lamps, and I verified the pinout using a battery and jumper wires. Center to left is turn, and center to right is puddle. I even tried my old door module, but since it's all controlled by CAN, I can't tell if the command is there or not. What am I doing wrong?
What settings did you change with AlfaOBD? Both of these?

Mirror Approach Lights Present: Set

Puddle Lamp Present: Set

OP
OP
H

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. There was actually at least one more setting that I had to change. It was the old "3rd time is a charm". They are working now. Thanks for your response.