Pulsar with Insight CTS3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Havel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 and 2020
Engine
5.9 and 5.7
Review I left on Edge Site, maybe someone on here can help me since it seems Edge won't.

I got this back in November, I installed it and like that you can adjust at the steering wheel, the same day I lost my Sirius XM radio. Googles lost xm on 2020 Ram, first thing that popped up was lost xm after Pulsar install. Had to reset radio, no biggie. I sent an email to Edge asking what was up with this, never replied. A week later I lost XM again, reset radio all has been good since. I work on the road so it may take me longer to get stuff done. Last weekend I decided I would hook up the Insight CTS3, I downloaded the update program to my laptop, plugged it in and the updates started downloading and installing, when it was all done, there was a list of upgrade options, I scrolled through it and at the bottom was 2019-2021 Ram-$299.00 so now I just paid $900.00 and now they want an additional $299.00, WTH. Needless to say I opted No to this upgrade, I then went to hook it up to the truck, Right off the bat I click on Tuning and get This SKU does not support tuning. Call Tech Support for possible upgrades at, now is this because they want my 299, not spending it to find out. So thinking I am over reacting I scroll through the other menus, WiFi setup go to this and it can't find the built in WiFi of the truck even though the laptop and phone no problem, no problem connect to the house. See the option update Pulsar, sweet so I click on this and says connect to laptop, so I did while still connected to the ODB2 it shows updates available, awesome, then I get Response status code does not indicate success: Call Support, so I sent an email explaining my situation and even saying I would give them a chance to respond, so here we are, the Pulsar itself from the steering wheel is nice, the Insight CTS3 is useless but apparently you may need this to update the Pulsar, which you can't because it does not work. Maybe it's just me but I am not what one would call computer or tech savvy illiterate. Maybe just maybe this review will get me a response they can fix my issues and I won't feel ***** maybe just a one night stand with no return phone call. If I need to spend another 300 to get it to work, I will just take a loss sell it and buy from a company that cares about their customers.

Attachments

• E1a.jpg
    E1a.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 8
  • E1b.jpg
    E1b.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: