PW warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
anyone have an extended warranty on their PW, what does it cover? Any suggestions who to use? I have 37s on the truck but not lifted. Thanks

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have an aftermarket warranty with 37s and a lift., sliders and front and rear aftermarket bimpers. As long as you keep maintenance records, most companies don't have a problem. I have had to use my warranty twice. Once for a new column shifter and also window regulator,driver front

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have an aftermarket warranty with 37s and a lift., sliders and front and rear aftermarket bimpers. As long as you keep maintenance records, most companies don't have a problem. I have had to use my warranty twice. Once for a new column shifter and also window regulator,driver front

Who is the warranty through

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
American Car Shield

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I bought MOPAR's lifetime maxcare when I bought the truck. I think I paid about $2800. If you don't pay upfront, you can make a down payment and pay it off in 12 or 24 months, no interest. Prices vary wildly, depending on where bought. It has a $100 deductible for each visit. PM me with an email address and I can send you a redacted copy to read through. It's pretty extensive coverage, but contract has a laundry lists of "gottchas" if the dealer was so inclined to deny a claim. I'd say a major risk is if the dealer determines an aftermarket modification or performance part or manner in which truck was operated contributed to the failure of a covered part, dealer cold deny the claim. I wouldn't normally buy a warranty, but given what an engine or tranny costs, it pays for itself in one or two visits. It's one of the reasons I'm reluctant to go bigger than 35s on tires. For example, some anecdotal evidence out there warranty claims were denied because of running oversize tires and component on steer axle failed. I have also read if the dealer installs it, whether aftermarket or MOPAR, it's covered. Crap shoot I guess, unless you have huge sums of disposable income and in that the case, then no need for a warranty.

Last edited:

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I havd already used them without issue. Having a good relationship with a certified Ram dealer is WAYYYY more important.

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2015 and 40 per month. 100.00 deductible

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You better check there reviews........

That was going to be my comment.

My inlaws were sold an extended warranty through them on a Cadillac STS. Did you know the extended warranty doesn't cover fasteners? That's how they get out of paying when the factory-installed helicoils (because it's an aluminum block) that the head bolts mate to fail, and your engine hydrolocks.

Having been the nerd I am and read through the entire thing, the Lifetime Maxxcare is worth the money - it pretty much covers everything that is either factory or dealer installed other than common wear components. Sure, it limits the mods you can make, but for the peace of mind? Priceless.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I dont think the lifetime maxxcare is avaliable anymore is it?

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
As far as I know, still available. I haven't heard any grumblings about dropping it. Warranties are a money maker for the warrantor. I buy betting a failure, they sell betting nothing will fail.

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Unfortunately, the lifetime policies went away in 2018. Shortly there after, they killed off the unlimited mileage planes. Now, the longest MOPAR has to offer for a new vehicle is 8/125. interestingly enough, there is a "lift kt" addendum that can be added to any of the MaxCare policies.

My brother has been wearing out his Lifetime MaxCare on the 2010 Ram 1500 I sold him back in 10,2010. He has yet to be declined coverage, but we are pretty sure it is coming soon.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Unfortunately, the lifetime policies went away in 2018. Shortly there after, they killed off the unlimited mileage planes. Now, the longest MOPAR has to offer for a new vehicle is 8/125. interestingly enough, there is a "lift kt" addendum that can be added to any of the MaxCare policies.

My brother has been wearing out his Lifetime MaxCare on the 2010 Ram 1500 I sold him back in 10,2010. He has yet to be declined coverage, but we are pretty sure it is coming soon.
How do they deny a lifetime policy

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
How do they deny a lifetime policy

It's not so much that they deny it (though if he goes to a different dealer they might if he's got mods - I admit to not knowing the situation).

There is a clause in the policy that, if the repair will cost more than the vehicle is worth at the time, they are supposed to cut you a check for the value of the vehicle, effectively ending the policy. You can still get the vehicle repaired, but it'll be on your dime.

And yes, the Lifetime plans are no longer available, thanks to people like Sando's brother - Chrysler wasn't making money off those warranties.

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You are correct. If the value of the vehicle is less than the repair, they effectively end your warranty. My brother and I are curious when this will happen and what they are going to pay him. His last repair was for an alternator and front end - $4000 total shop bill. His truck at the time had just under 300k miles. Funny story, when I told him MOPAR discontinued the warranty his exact words were: "damn, I broke it." Luckily, he had already purchased his Renegade and added a Lifetime Maxcare to that one also. Disclaimer, I also purchased the Lifetime Maxcare when I purchase my 2016 Power Wagon.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Well, learning is a life long experience. I hadn't looked for it specifically, but it does indeed look like the gravy train is at an end. I still see a few MOPAR Web sites offering the Lifetime Maxcare, but if MOPAR pulled the plug, then as they say, that's that.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well, learning is a life long experience. I hadn't looked for it specifically, but it does indeed look like the gravy train is at an end. I still see a few MOPAR Web sites offering the Lifetime Maxcare, but if MOPAR pulled the plug, then as they say, that's that.

It seems like they pulled it once before, back before 2010, but my memory is a bit shady. My in-laws had purchased a used 300 because they had been told the 'lifetime warranty' transferred with the vehicle (which was untrue). I believe the lifetime warranty was unavailable for several years, then was brought back, though quietly because there was little to no fanfare about it until you got to the dealer. I somewhat expect them to bring it back again when demand for it picks back up in a few years.

James Kriss

Digginlivin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just purchased a new limited 1500 5.7 . I did not buy warranty. My experiences. Had a Yukon that had a 100k factory warranty on transmission. It had problems at 110k. GM paid 2k of the 4500k. So I'm out $2500 which is what the policy would have costs. I also had another vehicle that had 256k on train no issues. I rather maintain the Truck and figure in 2800 plus ahead until I get unlucky. There are too many ways they can decline you.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It seems like they pulled it once before, back before 2010, but my memory is a bit shady. My in-laws had purchased a used 300 because they had been told the 'lifetime warranty' transferred with the vehicle (which was untrue). I believe the lifetime warranty was unavailable for several years, then was brought back, though quietly because there was little to no fanfare about it until you got to the dealer. I somewhat expect them to bring it back again when demand for it picks back up in a few years.

Too funny. Dealer tried to sell me a 3rd party extended warranty along a bunch of other add-ons, but I declined. Then FCA/MOAPR sent me a letter in a few days soliciting the MOPAR extended warranties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mensassy62