QTP remote controlled exhaust cutout installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have been thinking about an exhaust mod for a few months but could not decide on one. I read about the QTP Aggressor system with the remote control and figured that was the best option. mild when you need it, wild when you want it.
I bought this as a Christmas present for myself and installed it this week. I just could not wait and could not risk my wife finding the box. the hardest part as you know was getting the old piece of exhaust pipe off. I used a pneumatic cut off wheel. i would cut a little then pry a little trying not to cut into the downpipe.

The rest of the install was a snap except my sausage fingers had a bit of trouble reaching a couple of the nuts to mount the valve with. The nuts rest a bit on the pipe weld but not a problem. I used a rachet strap to hold my exhaust out of the way, then used it to pull it into the QTP pipe. torque spec is 35 lbs on the clamps.

i even programmed 2 of my home link buttons to activate it.

you can't even see this thing unless you crawl under the truck, its hidden by the frame.

one of the best mods i have made. no sound clips attached, as there are plenty out there.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you take a picture of it installed?
Thanks
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes please take a few pics and a sound clip would be awesome

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love this mod. Bunch of us have experienced quality issues with such an expensive piece but the end result is damn cool! Here is the full install with homelink programming and another video of the sound :)

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it 1 push open 1 push closed or do you have to hold the homelink button to get it all the way open then closed.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it 1 push open 1 push closed or do you have to hold the homelink button to get it all the way open then closed.

Push and hold. You can open/close it as much or little as you want for more/less noise.

AdamKan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You have to hold it down to open and then hold it down until its closed. Easy to tell though because it goes from quiet to ridiculously loud! I had to warranty my first solenoid as the gears inside stripped. Seems like it should have a limit switch so that if you just hold it open or closed it doesnt keep power to it once it's done opening or closing. Loved it on my 14 but havent gotten around to swapping it to the 17.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to hold it down to open and then hold it down until its closed. Easy to tell though because it goes from quiet to ridiculously loud! I had to warranty my first solenoid as the gears inside stripped. Seems like it should have a limit switch so that if you just hold it open or closed it doesnt keep power to it once it's done opening or closing. Loved it on my 14 but havent gotten around to swapping it to the 17.

It’s on my list

OP
OP
Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i bought it because it is adjustable, barely open sounds like a magnaflow, wide open sound like hell has been let loose. AWESOME!

I must have watched that BoostedMotrorsports video half a dozen times. definitely recommend watching that before attempting. even wired mine the exact same way.

OP
OP
Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After using my homelink buttons and the QTP remote controller, I have figured out the remote is way more sensitive and makes much more precise adjustments. i like to adjust mine to just barely open and use it that way around town. this is hard to do with the homelink buttons.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We recently just started offering the QTP cutouts. These are a lot of fun. I ran a set on one of my old trucks right off the end of my long tube headers! If anyone is interested message me for a quote.