Quad Cab vs Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sigh... OK, I was being a tad flippant. My point was buy what you like, and like what you buy. I had a 99 2500 CTD QC. it worked great for carrying tools and misc junk, in the back seat. it worked less great for groceries, and was not much more comfortable than a buckboard for riding in the back seat as an adult. Getting in and out via those little suicide doors was also... Well, let's say that "fun" was not the first word that sprung to mind.
My 2017 3500 Big Horn crew cab beats the QC, in every way, hands down . I'd go as far as saying, the only thing the QC beats, is a reg cab.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love my QC, no issues in or out and I'm not exactly a little fella. To each his/her own, I agree. At least the Ram's doors on the QC's aren't the stupid suicide doors like they had on the extended cab Silverado's. Those are a pain in the ass.

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I love my QC, no issues in or out and I'm not exactly a little fella. To each his/her own, I agree. At least the Ram's doors on the QC's aren't the stupid suicide doors like they had on the extended cab Silverado's. Those are a pain in the ass.

Depends on the year.

Actually Dodge had the little suicide doors on their 2nd gen QCs. The 1500s went to the standard orientation in 2002. 2500/3500 made the change the following year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Depends on the year.

Actually Dodge had the little suicide doors on their 2nd gen QCs. The 1500s went to the standard orientation in 2002. 2500/3500 made the change the following year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I know, my Dad had a 99 with the suicide doors. Glad all of the manufacturers are getting away from that.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My last truck was a crew cab with a short bed. The shorter bed length (vs. the extended cab bed length) annoyed me on a regular basis. It seemed like no matter what I was hauling...it was just a bit too long to be able to close the tailgate. Yeah...I know...I could have just strapped the item down and driven with the tailgate down...and I did that on a regular basis, but it still annoyed me.

When I was in the market this time around...I drove a LOT of trucks. QC and CC. I sat in the backseat (I'm 6'4") to check them all out...roominess wise.

My two cents...if you're going to be regularly hauling around family, friends, and co-workers and their comfort is your priority...get the CC. If you're only going to have passengers on occasion...get the QC.

The increased bed length with the QC is great. I can slide a 6' step ladder right in the bed and close it (an inch or so to spare).

I did drive the CC with the ~6'3" bed. I liked the idea of the roomy backseat AND the longer bed. My takeaway was that it was a complete land yacht, turning radius wise. As I work up in the city and have to maneuver in cramped parking lots, that would not have worked for me.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Wow a 3 y/o thread revival , and that question will never change as well and will be asked for years to come lol..
On topic As mentioned depends on your needs and use on which is best for you! . My kids are all grown up and my dog is usually the one in the back so for my the Quad Cab w/6ft4 bed works for me. BUT if I had young kids the Crew Cab is the way to go. I would prefer the 6ft bed on that as well and do not think the extra ft would be too long, NOW a 8ft bed on a CC would be huge to me :O

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Right real simple answer, if you need to haul people the CC is the better option, myself I dont so I have the QC.
I like the shorter look of the cab and longer bed as well.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
yep old but not forgotten and the ford extended cab still has suicide doors go figure.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Necroposting:

A necropost is a message that revives (as in necromancy) an arbitrarily old thread, causing it to appear above newer and more active threads. This practice is generally seen as a breach of netiquette on most forums. Because old threads are not usually locked from further posting, necroposting is common for newer users and in cases where the date of previous posts is not apparent.

Per very credible source found on the Internet using THE GOOGLE lol.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Right real simple answer, if you need to haul people the CC is the better option, myself I dont so I have the QC.
I like the shorter look of the cab and longer bed as well.
I agree I like the Qcab look better ,And my kids are grow up and can walk if they do not like it lol

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I went from a Mega Cab with the 6.5' bed to a Crew Cab with the 6.5' bed so it actually seem pretty easy to maneuver into tight spaces. I'll never go back to a Quad Cab, regardless of bed length.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think the Crew and Mega look better no matter the box. Today I saw a long bed extended cab Titan older one and it was so ugly I couldn't believe it. Ram always looks good but the Crew Cab was a game changer for me.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the Crew and Mega look better no matter the box. Today I saw a long bed extended cab Titan older one and it was so ugly I couldn't believe it. Ram always looks good but the Crew Cab was a game changer for me.

The ugliest extended cab is a tundra.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I was disappointed when I first started looking at new Rams as I wanted a 2500 but I did not want a CC and they dont make them in a QC any longer, just dont understand there thinking on taking that option away, well that and the 6sp offered in them.
Luckily they still offer it in the 1500 or I would have looked at the chevy and Ford harder but probably would have just dropped abunch of money in my 07.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If I would have had the option for the CC I would have taken it, but they were all out of my price range with the miles I wanted at the time. I have three kids all in car seats and they fit fine for now. We have a 2013 Grand Caravan for when we all need to stretch out a little bit.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My view on trucks is the same with cars..... more than 2 doors is too many.

I want a SCSB..... BUT since I planned ahead back when I bought my truck, and I'm having a kid any day now, I sprung for the crew. I'm sure I'll thank myself the first time I'm clicking that baby seat in the back.

The extra room is a bonus though. Resale is better and it's just plain better looking, so if I have to have too many doors, it's the crew or a mega if I ever decide I need a Cummins.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the QC, after my second child, I realized the CC was better for the rear facing car seats. You don't have to move the front seats up for putting the carry handle down on the baby carrier. Now I'm going on my fourth child, not sure what's going to happen now. I have front buckets. I went from a 2011 QC to a 2014 CC.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CC is basically the interior cabin of a nice SUV with the towing/hauling of a truck. Sort of best of both worlds.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a quad and have no kids. The guy at dealer was like if you have kids you have to have the quad. I'm like dude I grew up riding in the front seat of an 82 ram regular cab and then my dad traded if for a 92 cummins reg cab when I was like 10. 1 kids are ******* these days, and 2 at 6'1 I've rode in the back of my quad and its fine. My legs don't even touch although close.

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a quad and have no kids. The guy at dealer was like if you have kids you have to have the quad. I'm like dude I grew up riding in the front seat of an 82 ram regular cab and then my dad traded if for a 92 cummins reg cab when I was like 10. 1 kids are ******* these days, and 2 at 6'1 I've rode in the back of my quad and its fine. My legs don't even touch although close.
Yeah man, air bags can break your arms and your face. Seat belts can crack ribs. I even heard once that the seat belt broke a lady's back. Hell, you can't get in a fender bender without having to replace the whole damn back end of the car. Get rid of the crumple zones! Actually, get rid of all that fancy junk! Everything worked great in the '80s, so why add all of this expensive crap? I'll tell you why, the more useless crap they add the more profit they make! Car accidents are the test of a real man. If you can limp away from that mother ****** you're strong as hell. ****, even if you can't, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger Amiright?

Edit: Oh yeah, bought my '14 CC to replace my '95 Nissan King Cab. While the QC has way more room than the extended cab with jump seats, I don't think I could downsized from the Crew Cab. I absolutely love the extra interior space. I haven't had an issue with the shorter bed, but I haven't tried to haul much either.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Crew cab because I traveled a lot with clients and wanted them to feel that they had space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk