Question About 2011 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkitna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a used 2011 Ram with 52,000 miles on it. It had an issue where I would insert the fob and nothing would happen. No lights or anything and then the fob would be stuck in the ignition. I would put a battery charger on it for a few minutes and it would work again. Put a new battery in it and it started acting up again after only a few days, so I took it to the shop. They said it had some type of setup on one of the terminals that if it sat for a long period, the owner could shut the battery off using that switch. Whatever, they did away with the switch. Anyways thats not even my question. While in the shop, I had them do a few other things. It was getting a ton of condensation on the inside windows when it sat so I told them to change the rear cab vents. Service guy said he never heard of that but ok. I called today and he said they found a ton of water under the rear seats and they are trying to get the mildew smell out. He also said they updated the vent parts, but the new design were too thick and they couldnt get them to fit with the plastic covering so they are installing new older ones. Has anybody ever heard of that issue and how long will the new ones last? Thanks.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure on the cab vents, but look into the 3rd brake light seal as well as the cause for your water intrusion. Very common issue, would recommend replacing the seal with something like this

Attachments

• 3FA7A6A9-5628-4D1D-8994-C155A35ABF7E.jpeg
    3FA7A6A9-5628-4D1D-8994-C155A35ABF7E.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea any time it rains real hard like torrential downpour I get water under my rear seats I took rear seats out silicone around the inside of the vents also re sealed the top brake light it fixed it for now.

OP
OP
T

tkitna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure on the cab vents, but look into the 3rd brake light seal as well as the cause for your water intrusion. Very common issue, would recommend replacing the seal with something like this
I already bought the weathertstrip to fix the third brake light although I dont think its leaking. I have no water on the headliner, but i'm going to reseal it anyways.