Question about shackle flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HYRYSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new to me Ram 1500 has lift blocks in the rear and I come from the Wrangler world where this just isn't a thing but it looks ugly to me, so question about it.

It seems that if I flip the shackles, the axle would have a tendency to shift to the front (if I am thinking through this right), so I would need a way to shift the front bracket back right?

Would this take care of both my problems of being able to get rid of my crappy lift blocks AND locate my axle where it should be?

https://www.hiredgunoffroad.com/pro...shackle_flip_bracket_kit_94_01_dodge_ram_1500

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
In theory, that type of kit should do the trick because the height is changed at all 4 hangers, keeping the leaf spring level. That's the approach I took on my '93 and it worked very well. (DIY though, no kit... for 4" lift and kept block).

The trouble is most shackle flips only deal with the rearmost hangers... and that has some downsides.