Question about wheel spacers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am going to install 1 1/2" wheel spacers on my ram and i wanted to ask if any of you guys use any type of thread locker on the spacers and if so what kind?

Thanks

UPSTrucker13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to install 1 1/2" wheel spacers on my ram and i wanted to ask if any of you guys use any type of thread locker on the spacers and if so what kind?

Thanks

I’ve had mine for about a year and no thread lock used. Also, absolutely no problems at all. I check them at tire rotations for tightness,and roll on. Oh, mine are 1 1/2 also. As long as you get good quality spacers, they will be fine. If you ask me it’s far over hyped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stHEMI

Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but for anyone checking: I installed 1.5" spacers, they fit the front, but I had to grind down the rear studs about 3/32" because they stuck out past the spacers. If your studs stick out past the spacers, even just a little, you risk getting a wobble. I used red thread locker. I didn't use any on an older car I have and last time I pulled a wheel off I had 1 or 2 nuts loosen up on my spacers. So I used thread locker. So I disagree with it being over hyped. I say better be safe than sorry... and I speak from experience.