Question for the third-Gen Durango owners….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not sure if they’re available on all the models so I guess this question is for the guys that have or know anything about the third generation Durango’s that have the white LED DRL lighting in the factory headlights.

What I would like to know is, number one, when you turn your headlights on, do the white DRLs stay on as well and if they do, do they dim to a lesser brightness?

The reason I ask is because it sounds like the wiring on these Durango’s and probably some of the other vehicle’s around the 2018 model year are probably the same as my 2018 ram 1500 and being that I found out recently that I have a dedicated circuit for the daytime running lights on the vehicle side of the headlight wiring harness, I’m just curious what to expect behavior-wise if I use that wire to tap into to power some aftermarket white LEDs that I have yet to figure out what I’m going to get and where Im going to mount them on my truck. I have Alpha OBD at my disposal so I can enable the DRL‘s the right way using the “dedicated” selection because as it sits right now, due to the fact that I don’t have the white LED strips in my factory projector headlights, that dedicated DRL circuit just goes to my turn signal strips which is why on my alpha OBD, it doesn’t matter if I select turn signal or dedicated because it goes to the same place.

Thanks.