Radar Detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bose48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I previously did the radar hardwire with the cable off of amazon and tapped the power mirror. Got a 2021 Ram laramie now and the cable will not slide into the ports on the mirror. I tried forcing one in and broke off the prong. I have another plug under mirror cover. One that I'm pretty sure has power to it. Has anybody used that for a radar hardwire? If I can't tap into it then I'm going to have to buy another cable and run it off the fuze box.

I did a search before making the post. Thanks for any help given

MIKE SEAGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I'm looking at hardwiring a Radar detector also did you find a solution?

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just run a wire down to the back of an ignition hot cigarette lighter. The amount of time you’ll spend trying to pull your ceiling console down and finding an ignition hot wire (and dealing with reinstalling the console, which is a pain) isn’t worth it. I learned this lesson in my 18. My radar detector is powered off the switch for the rear sliding window. I thought it would be a great idea to keep all the wiring in one spot. Keep it clean and short. I spent a ton of time wrestling with the console. A year later I installed a dash cam. I ran a wire down the pillar to the cigarette lighter. The run was longer, but it was a lot easier and faster and accomplished the same result.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I am not a fan of those "prong or pin" adapters. I hardwire my dashcams and radar detectors right into the 12v & ground wires feeding the mirror.

A word of caution. Some devices are powered by 12v and some by 5v. If 5v be sure to use a 12v to 5v 3amp converter.