Radio Compatibility?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

precisionmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All,
I have a 2014 Ram with the smaller touch screen, BU camera, BT, parking sensor, steering wheel controls and no nav. The radio just went bad. I am looking to replace, but want something that will retain all function and plug and play. Will the 8.4 plug and play? Are there more than one version? I assume I have to replace the bezel? I am also looking at the Tesla type.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! -mike

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hello All,
I have a 2014 Ram with the smaller touch screen, BU camera, BT, parking sensor, steering wheel controls and no nav. The radio just went bad. I am looking to replace, but want something that will retain all function and plug and play. Will the 8.4 plug and play? Are there more than one version? I assume I have to replace the bezel? I am also looking at the Tesla type.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! -mike

You can replace it with another Ra2 / uConnect 5.0 radio ($150-$225) or you can do the full 8.4 upgrade ($500- $1200 depending on RA4 8.4an nav or Ra3 8.4a non nav and where you get the radio/parts from) which is nearly plug in play if you get the correct conversion harness (we can make you one) and remaining parts.

There's is a complete write up thread depending on whether you have a factory 4 or 7 speed fan (DiY 8.4 radio upgrade) and I also have seperate RA2 radio PN and Ra4 vp4-NA FW PN threads that can help you locate correct radios.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
P

precisionmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can replace it with another Ra2 / uConnect 5.0 radio ($150-$225) or you can do the full 8.4 upgrade ($500- $1200 depending on RA4 8.4an nav or Ra3 8.4a non nav and where you get the radio/parts from) which is nearly plug in play if you get the correct conversion harness (we can make you one) and remaining parts.

There's is a complete write up thread depending on whether you have a factory 4 or 7 speed fan (DiY 8.4 radio upgrade) and I also have seperate RA2 radio PN and Ra4 vp4-NA FW PN threads that can help you locate correct radios.

M² Mods.
Thanks for the info! I might be in touch.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L