Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damndodgeowner4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I currently have a H&S Minimax tuner on one of our hauling trucks. Yesterday we noticed the screen went white with large black dead spots like the unit was extremely hot. The plastic housing on the right side of the unit was discolored and warped a bit as well. The screen was not able to function but, by audible chirps we believe we were able to get the truck set back to "stock" mode. No customer service due to them being out of business and my question is, am i able to go with a different tuner all together or am i stuck with having to buy another minimax to swap the SD card over and resume with that product?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

You can change tuners but you will need the expertise of a shop that has the tools to scan your PCM for the current loaded, return it back to stock if necessary, then load up a new tune. You'll probably need a new programmer as well.

If they can't determine if you have a custom or OEM tune installed you may have to get a new PCM flashed for the stock Ram programs then revise it with a new programmer such as an Edge unit.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Used unlocked Mini Max's are going for ~$650 on Eaby. As long as you saved your stock tune to the SD card you should be able to get back to stock. Once that is done, I would go with one of the newer tuning platforms that is supported.

OP
OP
D

Damndodgeowner4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update several months later my bad. I ordered a new minimax with a two year warranty online. Apparently when the programmer is not plugged into the obd port the computer automatically puts the truck back into stock mode. Trucks been running like a champ. I did not know you were suppose to secure the cable to the mount of the unit. We opened the broken unit and found that the plug in was barely making contact with the chip inside causing it to short out and burn up the unit. Operator error. So I highly recommend zip tying or securing the cable to the minimax in some way that it will not allow it to put pressure on that port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990