RAM almost here - things to watch out for during the Business Managers meeting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They didn't know where mine was until someone said it's being detailed.

Trooper2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They did that to mine and have refused to fix it which i doubt they could. Guess I'm stuck with swirl marks.

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My detailing came out beautiful and I've been thrilled with how it still looks.

OP
OP
Y

Yak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: So I'm back home, without the truck. They found it, in their KIA garage. We moved on to the inspection:

1. Checklist of Options
- Everything there. I don't know how to verify if the Anti-spin Differential is there, but I assume it is. If anyone knows how to test its presence, please let me know.

2. Exterior
- The paint had some lines where water dripped and dried, but overall pretty good. There was a small little ding/scratch in the paint where the cab meets the box ( just behind the driver's-side back-seat corner of the bed (I'll upload pictures ) which I pointed out to the sales guy I called over. There was a small white blemish on the matte black frame between the front/back passenger-side windows (will upload) and what looked like a scratch on the sunroof glass (picture) - I did a spit'n'wipe with my finger to see if I could erase it and the line didn't disappear. Perhaps it will require a better cleaner, or maybe it's scratched. I pointed it out.

The salesman helping me said that they'd wash it up, "Aaaaayyy.....don't worry, brother, we can take care of this, make it look good as new" (I would hope so...it is).

3. Interior
- Everything checked out, with just a small smudge on the leather which looks like it will rub out in their cleaning. Very minor, doesn't look permanent.

4. Test Drive
- We sat in the cab and tested out the heated/cooled seats, heated steering-wheel, verified the sound system was the correct one, tank full, tried out the remote start, windshield looked fine, back-camera worked, I had my sensors in the front/back bumpers, etc. So far, so good.

Then came the test-drive....and I had to leave. Couldn't do it as I have to pick up my daughter at the bus stop ... here, they won't let a kindergartner off the bus unless a parent is there. Too much time was spent waiting for them to find the truck. Also, the business manager was expecting me to actually purchase it another day ( just thought I was coming in for the chat ) so there was no license plates prepped, etc. I figure I'll call tomorrow and book for Friday inspection & pick up if I can swing it.

Anyways, that's the current status: Thoughts on the smudges and lines? Fixable by a cleaning a polish by them?

Thanks again,
Yak

Attachments

• Paint_Scratch_DriversBackCornerNearBed.jpg
    Paint_Scratch_DriversBackCornerNearBed.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 43
  • WhiteScuffSmudge_PassengerBackWindow.jpg
    WhiteScuffSmudge_PassengerBackWindow.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Line_in_Sunroof.jpg
    Line_in_Sunroof.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Y

Yak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, and those spots in the sunroof pic are raindrops.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The matte black between the front and rear door windows is just a vinyl sticker they put on there. I always have the dealer remove it. The doors are body color paint underneath and it looks way better without it IMO. Here's mine with and without it.

Attachments

• 0331171139.jpg
    0331171139.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 1549.jpg
    1549.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's not too late, please don't let them detail it. Most dealers are ill equipped to do a proper detail and they will usually do more damage to your paint than you can imagine. Usually you'll end up with swirls and scratches that you just have to deal with later. I promise you can do a much better job than most dealerships. If you have any questions about the detailing process there is an excellent detailing thread on this site.
Jay

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Test drive it before you even go to the finance office! Get it to interstate speeds too! After the drive, do a thorough walk around to inspect alignment of panels, adequate paint on the inside jams and good quality on the spray job. Then once in the office, kindly say "No" to everything as you have the option to add later. Congrats on the new ride!

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Climb under the truck and take a look for Mopar labels on the axle. There may or may not be one that confirms the LSD. There should at least be one showing your axle ratio. I forget if it is obvious or not, but it may begin with the typical Mopar part designation of AB or something like that. You can try Googling the part or looking it up on Mopar.com. Someone else on here might know more about what to look for on the label?

Option 2 is to turn off TC and do a burn out. If its a one tire fryer than they screwed you. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Y

Yak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, guys! As always, great information :)

Going in to pick it up today! I've already done an two inspections, a test-drive, and have spoken with the Business Manager - all good, no extra warranties, rust-proofing, or charges.

I didn't react in-time to prevent the detailing, so I'll see how that went when I arrive. I'll check out the scratches which were there before and climb under the truck to see if I can see any labels re: the anti-spin.

Quick question now - what should my checklist be, now that I'm handing over the money and taking ownership? Here's my list - please let me know if I forgot anything:

- 2 x Key FOBs
- Ownership/licensing docs
- Spare tire
- Wheel lock key
- 1-year Sirius radio
- Owner's manual
- The truck itself :)
- ??

Anything I miss?

Thanks again, guys. This community rocks!

- Yak

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's sounds like everyone else has covered all the bases.

I'd like to add that they might try to flog a thing called a "Rust Control Module" that supposedly stops yours vehicle from rusting.....it's total snake oil.

Other than that, you could consider Corrosion Free as an option over Krown and RustCheck. I've used all three and they all work, but Corrosion Free drips much less.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Quick question now - what should my checklist be, now that I'm handing over the money and taking ownership? Here's my list - please let me know if I forgot anything:

- 2 x Key FOBs
- Ownership/licensing docs
- Spare tire
- Wheel lock key
- 1-year Sirius radio
- Owner's manual
- The truck itself :)
- ??

Anything I miss?

Thanks again, guys. This community rocks!

- Yak

Floor Mats?

DG

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's sounds like everyone else has covered all the bases.

I'd like to add that they might try to flog a thing called a "Rust Control Module" that supposedly stops yours vehicle from rusting.....it's total snake oil.

Other than that, you could consider Corrosion Free as an option over Krown and RustCheck. I've used all three and they all work, but Corrosion Free drips much less.

Big fan of Corrosion Free, just had the Wrangler done yesterday.

OP
OP
Y

Yak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

So I went through the wringer and came out the other side, unscathed thanks to you all. The business manager's meeting ended up being lighter than I expected, especially after I started drilling into specifics regarding their warranties vs FCAs. He didn't try to sell much after that. They're moving away from the spray control and he mentioned the rust-free module which I was already primed to decline. Kept my price the same, all good.

On pick up, I checked the vehicle and all was well. Everything there, as ordered, and no major scratches or dings. I even side-stepped the detailing scratches as their "don't worry bro, we'll fix it up nice for ya" really just meant, "we'll splash it with a hose"...any dirt/glue dust that was there when I first saw it was still there after. It's a new truck so it was already fairly clean.

Paid my money, took the keys. They had even added wheel lugs which I hadn't ordered, no charge. Drove it home, and I love it! And, best of all, no buyer's remorse! I feel like, thanks to y'all, I checked all the boxes and did it right. I'm super happy with my truck, and incredibly proud to be able to officially join you all as a RAM man!

Yak

Attachments

• Vroooom!.jpg
    Vroooom!.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 32

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s a sweet truck bro, congrats man. Way to do research before the purchase, makes things so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my truck, the wheel lock key was nowhere to be found. Would've sucked to get a flat, lol. Luckily I noticed it. The dealership has a master set in the service dept, and they replaced the wheel locks free of charge.