Ram Box and 5th Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I'm the proud new owner of a 2019 Ram 2500, Limited w/ 6.7 Cummins. The best vehicle I've ever owned.

My Truck is Ram Box equipped--love the versatility and convenience of them.

I'd like investigate a 5th Wheel, but I've been told it's not an option with the Ram box. Any experience out there that might help?

Also, my truck doesn't have the auto-leveling suspension. I'm considering having it installed by a dealer or aftermarket.

Much appreciated. Glad to provide pictures. The truck is fantastic.

779387da4dc3454367d2f650c79728ca.jpg
be6f3fc85a879f6fd8385cb222017f5c.jpg
68acd67978799fed400c1b369d44999a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could see the narrowness of the bed being a little constricting, if you got something like a sidewinder hitch it would both help with the short bed and move the pivot point to above the bed rails.

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could see the narrowness of the bed being a little constricting, if you got something like a sidewinder hitch it would both help with the short bed and move the pivot point to above the bed rails.

I had that hitch. It's awesomeness cannot be overstated. If I ever buy another 5th wheel, I'll have it again.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on the new truck.

The Sidewinder hitch is a good one but you do have to keep an eye out, and routinely check, the wedge. That's a minor thing compared to how well that hitch works within the truck bed and I think it would work fine with the RamBox option. You'll have to verify measurements and such to be sure.

I'd go for an aftermarket airbag setup with an on-board compressor, tank & remote control. I liked the auto leveling system I had in my 2014 but it would be an awfully expensive option to add.

I do have one question for you regarding your truck. What is a "Cummings" ?

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that hitch. It's awesomeness cannot be overstated. If I ever buy another 5th wheel, I'll have it again.
It really is a great setup. Personally with a short box, if money is no option I prefer the PullRight Superglide hitch.

The sidewinder is an excellent choice as well though.

OP
OP
A

AdamN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on the new truck.

The Sidewinder hitch is a good one but you do have to keep an eye out, and routinely check, the wedge. That's a minor thing compared to how well that hitch works within the truck bed and I think it would work fine with the RamBox option. You'll have to verify measurements and such to be sure.

I'd go for an aftermarket airbag setup with an on-board compressor, tank & remote control. I liked the auto leveling system I had in my 2014 but it would be an awfully expensive option to add.

I do have one question for you regarding your truck. What is a "Cummings" ?

Thanks for all. Appreciate it.

To answer: it's an idiot typo [emoji53][emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat