Ram Boxes good or bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so...to his question, you don't have a ram box which doesn't really help him...

Yeah bud I was just adding my opinion to the topic. You know like one does on an Internet forum.Maybe hearing others opinions on why they did or didn’t go with Ramboxes would give the OP fuel for thought. OP could take it or leave it. Your snarky comment added absolutely nothing to the topic...

Tom McClellan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 Tradesman with Rambox, 75,000 miles. will definitely get boxes on my next truck. Never had any trouble with them, rain or snow. Only time I get any moisture is at the car wash and then it is very little. Nice to NOT have all my stuff rattling around under the back seat or in the box.I have loved them from the word go. Can't understand why they are not more popular. I live in MN. and got this one in Mich. Was about a day away from pulling the pin on ordering a new warlock with boxes when all this s--- hit the fan. Now I hafta wait for a 2021. and yes , they do hold beer also. HAHA. Just my 2 cents.

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
The boxes are functional and I do not have them but wish I did. I think they were available back in 2008 when I ordered my 2500 but did not get them...wish I did. If you want to know what I hate about the "box" and I refer to the whole truck bed, it is the pinch joint that is a defect and NEVER fails to rust out the wheel well area. I do not know why this defect has not been eliminated long ago. The ONLY areas on my 2008 that are rusted through are the wheel well outside body. This joint lets in salt and water in the winter and there is no easy way to get at it. When the body is done that problem will be the first thing eliminated. Dodge is way out of line with this glaring and lasting defect that needs to be eliminated.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The biggest thing I missed when I had a car, was the trunk.
When I got my second truck, I got it with the RAMBOX, best decision ever.

Scott Sanders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Tradesman with Rambox, 75,000 miles. will definitely get boxes on my next truck. Never had any trouble with them, rain or snow. Only time I get any moisture is at the car wash and then it is very little. Nice to NOT have all my stuff rattling around under the back seat or in the box.I have loved them from the word go. Can't understand why they are not more popular. I live in MN. and got this one in Mich. Was about a day away from pulling the pin on ordering a new warlock with boxes when all this s--- hit the fan. Now I hafta wait for a 2021. and yes , they do hold beer also. HAHA. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah bud I was just adding my opinion to the topic. You know like one does on an Internet forum.Maybe hearing others opinions on why they did or didn’t go with Ramboxes would give the OP fuel for thought. OP could take it or leave it. Your snarky comment added absolutely nothing to the topic...
Nor did your answer. The OP wants to hear from those who have had experience with Ram boxes.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nor did your answer. The OP wants to hear from those who have had experience with Ram
Nor did your answer. The OP wants to hear from those who have had experience with Ram boxes.

Lol. Ok you got me Mr. internet comment police officer sir. I’ll be sure to run all of my future comments by you to be sure they meet your requirements.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure what you are asking. But I pay $110 for the gray one and $129 for the red one per month.

Are you sure the $19 difference is solely due to the Rambox? I know when you insure a vehicle it goes by the VIN. Are the trucks otherwise identical? Asking because I’m just starting to look at a new one. Thanks

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like my ramboxes, it's really the only reason I bought my truck, it made me overlook a lot of things I didn't want like leather seats and 4wd. I just wish they came on a real size bed. Anything less than 8ft is dumb, same with having back seats, totally impractical.

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Rambox on my 2017 Rebel. It was one of the must haves for my purchase. I love them. I keep a ton of stuff inside. Cleaning supplies, towing stuff, hitch attachments, tie downs....etc.

It all depends on how you plan on using the bed of the truck. If you're going to use it all the time and need extra space...don't get them. I don't use my bed that often and when I do the space with the Rambox is enough. For me...the pros outweigh the cons.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them on my '17 Laramie. Love them. Didn't like the cost of the Mopar dividers so I made my own out of 3/8 plywood. Have pics if anyone wants them.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have them on my '17 Laramie. Love them. Didn't like the cost of the Mopar dividers so I made my own out of 3/8 plywood. Have pics if anyone wants them.
Agree on price. Made my own out of plexi for my 17. Came out great!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Are you sure the $19 difference is solely due to the Rambox? I know when you insure a vehicle it goes by the VIN. Are the trucks otherwise identical? Asking because I’m just starting to look at a new one. Thanks
Every box was checked on the red one and every box but the RB and the adaptive cruise control on the gray one. But I paid $200 more for gray and red was standard. I am the primary driver for both.
The thing you should do is give 2 vin numbers to your agent for a quote. Then you will know. The red one cost me 20% more per month. Don’t get me wrong, there is no regrets on getting the boxes, but I wanted to haul an ATV on top, so I did not want them on the gray one.

jagu366

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Best part is the built in cooler. Drop beer and ice. After, just remove the plastic cap and the water drains!!! Also, that's where I put the air compressor for the airbags, to keep it out of the elements

15874854071068577529887745035200.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500