Ram Cares, Max Care, Dealers all are a crock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eds34pc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some of it is the dealer and some is FCA
You can have a service manager on your side but if FCA designed it that way right or wrong THAT IS THE WAY IT IS suck it up
Me I will keep on making noise as I do not take no well

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.

Similar experiences here.

Twice now, Ill drive with the shop foreman, he'll say "yeah I understand your issue". One time I got to wait in the "lounge" for 3 hours...I figured being there that long, they were actually working on my truck. But nope, they were just out trying to find a truck that made a similar noise (which it did not, even after all of that). Of course it turned into "even if we do X I cant guarantee it will be fixed"....but that isnt my problem, now is it?

Things like that make me lose faith that my MaxCare Lifetime warranty will ever "work" for me....they'll just tell me nothing is wrong, or even worse charge me a diag fee to tell me they wont fix it.

Some of it is the dealer and some is FCA
You can have a service manager on your side but if FCA designed it that way right or wrong THAT IS THE WAY IT IS suck it up
Me I will keep on making noise as I do not take no well

I got a kick out of my last experience....A/C compressor (basically silent for first 2 years of ownership) now making a whining noise. Really annoying when the radio is off at low speeds (think: parking).

"Its normal" they say. "So when it wasnt making this noise, was my truck BROKEN?"

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FIRST DAY RENTAL
Provides a $35 First Day Car Rental Allowance or Taxi
Reimbursement for any dealership mechanical repair or
maintenance service (excluding bodywork).
CAR RENTAL ALLOWANCE
Will pay up to $35 per day ($175 maximum per occurrence)
for Car Rental or Taxi Reimbursement anytime a component
covered by the plan or Manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain
Warranty fails, causing the vehicle to be inoperable and
repairs take overnight.

OP
OP
E

Eds34pc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s easy to say “your dealer sucks”. The dealer is an arm of the manufacturer and the liaison between me and the manufacturer. The Ram dealers aren’t like grocery stores, one on every corner, for me the next dealer is an hour away each way. Maybe they should post a sign in the showroom “good luck sucker”. I found a site “dealerrater”, and the reviews for this dealer are mostly one star out of 5. Is FCA not aware of this site? I’m sure they are. I guess as long as they are “truck of the year”, they’ll push out as many vehicles as possible, and those poor saps that expect correct information and be treated like a valued customer can pound salt.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s easy to say “your dealer sucks”. The dealer is an arm of the manufacturer and the liaison between me and the manufacturer. The Ram dealers aren’t like grocery stores, one on every corner, for me the next dealer is an hour away each way. Maybe they should post a sign in the showroom “good luck sucker”. I found a site “dealerrater”, and the reviews for this dealer are mostly one star out of 5. Is FCA not aware of this site? I’m sure they are. I guess as long as they are “truck of the year”, they’ll push out as many vehicles as possible, and those poor saps that expect correct information and be treated like a valued customer can pound salt.

This is true but I have a feeling FCA would just say "dealers are an independent entity" and that they cant control them. Im sure they could do SOMETHING but that might cost them time and money.

As a comparison, the few times Ive talked to Honda and Infiniti, they were MORE than happy to go far beyond what would be considered normal. It helped keep me as a customer and repeat buyer. But the few times Ive interacted with FCA have left a lot to be desired.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Some dealers suck. This is true for almost every brand I think. I don’t believe it’s often possible to repair a poor dealer relationship, even if you can find leverage to force action you’ll still be “that guy” and they’ll resent it. You’ll never get the same service found at a willing and well run shop.

I vote with my business and avoid such shops, even when it’s inconvenient to go elsewhere.

I have made complaints to corporate support so they know they’ve got problem dealers, but I don’t plan on them fixing my situation or changing bad behavior at a dealer overnight. If they do offer to give me an assist I ask for a referral to another dealer for a fresh start.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have had almost exclusively bad experiences with everything FCA which is a shame since my Ram has been a good machine. But as a result of my experiences I'll never set foot on a FCA associated lot again.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi

"dealerrater" did post a sign "good luck sucker" or " this dealer sucks" or at least 1 star rating would indicate that to me.

I'm not sure FCA, Ramcares, or Maxcare have any control over 1 star rating dealers. When I had a problem with a dealer I posted on Yelp and Google Reviews then filed a complaint with the BBB. A short while later the dealership contacted me and did all the service required. I understand one shouldn't have to do this, but I did what I had to do to get the service I felt I was due.

A couple of years later the dealer that I had the problems with went to new ownership. That's where I bought my current truck from and they provide fantastic service.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Ford sucks too. My mom's lincoln needed the plastic intake manifold replaced. Ford issued a recall on them, and was replacing them for free. But when my mom's failed, the dealer said that the 'window' for the recall had closed so she was billed 1300.00 for the replacement. When we appealed to ford for a good will replacement. They denied it. Needless to say there will never be another ford in my driveway. Once a recall is issued, the manufacturer needs to stand behind it. She has owned the car since before the recall and still owns it today.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Ford sucks too. My mom's lincoln needed the plastic intake manifold replaced. Ford issued a recall on them, and was replacing them for free. But when my mom's failed, the dealer said that the 'window' for the recall had closed so she was billed 1300.00 for the replacement. When we appealed to ford for a good will replacement. They denied it. Needless to say there will never be another ford in my driveway. Once a recall is issued, the manufacturer needs to stand behind it. She has owned the car since before the recall and still owns it today.

Unfortunately, I've had similar bad experiences with all of the big 3 over the years. Honda was excellent to deal with. The drag link debacle on my 2500 and FCAs response to that almost makes me wish I would have purchased a crv and not the Cherokee I did at the end of December.

When my wife needs a new vehicle next, I think we'll go back to Honda or maybe Toyota or Mazda. I don't forsee another FCA product in my future after this Cherokee, unless I buy another ram when I'm ready to replace my 17. Not sure.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In all honesty, it seems a reporting to the BBB usually gets the best response from most companies.
Maybe they are notified and monitor that membership more actively, also in many states I would swear the state gov. keeps an eye on BBB complaints.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
This is true but I have a feeling FCA would just say "dealers are an independent entity" and that they cant control them. Im sure they could do SOMETHING but that might cost them time and money.

As a comparison, the few times Ive talked to Honda and Infiniti, they were MORE than happy to go far beyond what would be considered normal. It helped keep me as a customer and repeat buyer. But the few times Ive interacted with FCA have left a lot to be desired.

Can I borrow your Honda or Infinity to pull my 20,000lb 5er?

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The horrible RAM dealerships in my area are what caused me to buy an F150. I tried really hard to trade my PowerWagon in for a RAM 1500, but the dealers all around me are absolutely brutal and painful to work with. It's like pulling teeth.

When I had my first RAM 1500, I took it in to a local dealer and asked them to install Bilstein 5100's on the front end. They huddled around discussing how they would do it. Afterwards they came to me and said they would have to cut the old struts off and weld the new ones on. I quickly took my truck and left.

The FCA dealers have to be among the worst of any manufacturer. That's gotta be holding the brand back

OP
OP
E

Eds34pc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They’re all just going through the motions. Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past, unless you find that anomaly dealership that cares. It’s funny, when a service visit goes as planned, the advisor puts the arm on you to respond to the survey. When it’s a questionable visit, no sign of any survey.
I actually had a service advisor at a different dealer(5star on Dealerrater) tell me he was frustrated he couldn’t get any service work he could make money on. I actually felt sorry, and when they had a tire sale I ordered tires. 1st, they put on the wrong tires, 2nd, after the alignment the truck pulled hard right, 3rd, it took 3 visits and attempts to balance the tires, finally giving up and sending me to a Firestone store for warranty replacement. I spent a collective 20+ hours in the lounge waiting over 5 visits. That was the highest rated dealer in my area.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed hoping I won’t need any warranty work on my truck between now and when I find a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990