Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram Classic Heated Options

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by HydroTopzz, Feb 21, 2021.

1. HydroTopzz

HydroTopzz Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    @Ricks Ram would I be looking for an extra yellow connector or a set of wires?

I do know there’s a yellow connector under the jump seat. I’m not sure if those could be the potential wires.

And finally, it’s snowing a bit here so I’m not up to removing the seats to check but if I’m correct the best way to check is to remove the seats or is there a plastic trim panel on the door still I can remove to see what wires are running?

2. SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    Pretty sure yellow is for seat airbags...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding exactly what your question is. You can check to see if you have the correct wiring in a matter of minutes. If your yellow driver's side yellow seat connector doesn't have the two pink wires with yellow stripes you Don't have the correct wiring for heated/vented seats. You can see the yellow seat connector by just moving the seat all the way back just like it's shown in the picture I posted except your truck will not have the gray 20 pin connector next it if you don't have the correct wiring. It should connected to the left( closest to the drivers door) front bottom of the seat with a plastic Christmas Tree Push Pin. If it came lose and is laying under the seat it should still be easy to find as it's the Only yellow connector in your actual seat harness. There should only be One yellow connector going to your actual driver's seat. The gray connectors that are on the right side of the seat near the jump seat have nothing to do with the heated/vented functions. Just look at the picture if you need to verify what the yellow seat connector looks like.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

HydroTopzz likes this.
  4. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The yellow driver's seat connector is for seat adjust power, heated seat power, vented seat power, seat belt chime, airbag, memory to door module and CAN connector

Mpgrimm2, HydroTopzz and SitKneelBend like this.
  5. SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    1 out of 8 ain't bad right?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram, Mpgrimm2 and HydroTopzz like this.
  6. HydroTopzz

HydroTopzz Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    @Ricks Ram

Thanks for the insight and all the help. How tough do you think the process is to get it all wired up? I do have a 8.4 Inch, Dual zone climate control radio.

Is it all just one big harness that I replace from the driver seat up to the center console?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  7. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    No, the harness runs from the PDC (Fuse Box) through the firewall and then pins to the seat connectors and a few other places. As I stated you will not be pulling or replacing any of your trucks current harness. You are simply going to add the wiring you don't currently have to it. There are detailed instructions on the M2mods section plus he sends you a PDF with instructions and pictures of the installation. You will need to read the instructions and familiarize yourself with the process. If you do your research you should be fine. It's honestly not nearly as hard as one might think. The harness is labeled so well it would be hard to install it wrong if you pay attention.

Mpgrimm2 and HydroTopzz like this.
  8. HydroTopzz

HydroTopzz Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    @Ricks Ram, @SitKneelBend

Thank you for the time spent to answer my questions. I know this has been discussed before. My main concerns were that if I were to do any crazy work on the truck it would void the warranty as it is still new.

With the answers I received, I'm confident I can make it work with AlfaOBD. I'll be PM'ing @Mpgrimm2 in the future when I'm ready to take on this project. (Most likely when the weather gets warmer in a couple of months) for the wire harness.

My last and final questions would be the following:

1: Is the HSM located in the center console? As I would probably need to buy one and add it?

2: Would the passenger seat be compatible with the changes or do I need extra harnesses etc... I'm attempting to get heated steering and both front seats heated (and ventilated if possible)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    SitKneelBend likes this.
  9. Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2 Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
    Engine:
    5.7L eTorque
    HSM is part of the upgraded seat Set (driver side), ie Bighorn heated seats or higher trim. Laramie & higher seats have heated/vented leather (some Sport seats have both, but not all).

Make sure to get 2013-18/classic 4th Gen seats with SRS Airbag tags. 09-12 will bolt up but are wired differently/not compatible and don't have airbags.

There was a slight wiring change to floor length consoles in 2017+ that can affect heated rear seats and panel illumination for the usb hub... Otherwise the same.

M² Mods.

10. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    As stated by Mpgrimm2 who is also M2mods the HSM is actually mounted to the bottom of the driver's seat and has nothing to do with the center console. The harness he provides makes Everything work exactly as a factory equipped truck would operate and the harness attaches in the factory locations. The driver and passenger seats will both have the power adjust and heated/vented features and the heated steering wheel will work. Of coarse this is as long as you buy seats that have these features. I have seen a rare occurrence where a wrecking yard removed the HSM module before shipping a set of seats out. This is unusual but make sure you verify that whatever seats you buy come with the seat harness and modules still attached. If you buy Laramie seats they will have two models one is the MSM (Memory Seat Module( and the other is the HSM (Heated Seat Module) the Sport and Bighorn seats will only have the HSM as they are not memory capable

Mpgrimm2, SitKneelBend and HydroTopzz like this.