Ram EV spotted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Looks like one of the Ram EV test mules has been spotted in the wild:

It's common practice to build test mules and "hide" them under prior year or different platform bodies.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
If it has tow performance like the Ford I have no interest. 80 miles range towing a little camper is ridiculous for a truck. They have alot of work to do. I saw that Lippert is working on a camper frame that houses backup battery pack, in hopes to work with manufacturers to be able to charge the truck from the camper reserve pack.
I say no thanks, my diesel will do.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Looks like one of the Ram EV test mules has been spotted in the wild:

It's common practice to build test mules and "hide" them under prior year or different platform bodies.
Living where I do, you see camouflaged vehicles all the time on the roads, usually in packs of two to three.

I would love to share with you all the fun stuff I know, I've got two of my five sons working in EV powertrain solutions, one for GM and the other for ZF (a major supplier of EV solutions).

While it sounds big, earth-setting, and fantastic, it really isn't. Think of the Gartner Hype Cycle graphs of inflated expectation (current state of the RAM EV) followed by a downward slide of disillusionment (when we see what is offered) to the upward trend of enlightenment and finally reaching the plateau of reality.

OP
OP
crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I would love to share with you all the fun stuff I know, I've got two of my five sons working in EV powertrain solutions, one for GM and the other for ZF (a major supplier of EV solutions).
I'm in several of the facilities of both GM & ZF, get to see a few things. The areas are "photo sensitive" and if they catch you snapping pics it's the end of you working there.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Funny how they used a damaged rear bumper on the rear of that prototype