Ram tow mirror help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseMonkey510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! Im new to this forum and am loving it so far! I hope you guys can help me with a problem finding tow mirrors for my truck. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 express single cab. I tow trailers occasionally and need to see past the bigger trailers to switch lanes, turn, so on so fourth. So i want the cool HEAVY DUTY style flip up ones.The ones i have now are power, and have the heating function. I want to retain these features as well as adding a turn signal on them. Ive looked on mopar.com and cant seem to find the mirrors themselves. And ive look for aftermarket ones and ive found some that say they fit a 2012 but not 2013? Is that an error or will they be fine? If anyone has gotten them from mopar could you give me the item number or a link? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks! God Bless:)

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Try 1aauto.com they have them, you should be able to find them on the mopar sites but they don't tend to have pictures which can make it frustrating to find the part. The 2012 to 2013 use different sensors or something for the heating element, I don't remember the details but things won't work properly between the two, you could do a search for a thread with the details but what it comes down to is that you'll lose functions at the least. Hope that clears things up for you

OP
OP
G

GreaseMonkey510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply! I found some for a 2013 on 1aauto if i get ones with the turn signal/puddle light will they work if i didnt have the feature before?

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
The wiring is all there so I believe it should unless its blocked by the computer in which case you might need a dealer to flash a sales code, try doing a search I think someone has mentioned doing something like this before, I just dont remember the details off the top of my head

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for the reply! I found some for a 2013 on 1aauto if i get ones with the turn signal/puddle light will they work if i didnt have the feature before?

If you match all of the features that your mirrors currently have, to the features on the tow mirrors that your buying, you should be able to plug them right into the factory harness and have everything work.

Tony