Ram Updates: What we know so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyMarionCDJR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
if the rendering is the real thing i dont like it. going back to a quad cab and what looks like a useless cargo box ill be keeping this one for a longtime

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for posting that. The only thing I can say for sure is that's a future I'm not interested in. At least for the near future. With all the shortages currently going on, especially the chip shortages, how does it in any way make sense to design vehicles which even more heavily rely on semiconductors? Making it even more difficult to buy one. I guess they're assuming the current shortages will be better soon, but I don't see any signs of improvement. If anything, things are only getting worse in that regard.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Any word on the mid-cycle refresh for the gas trucks? Rumor mill said 2024. Honestly, the only Ram that interests me right now is the Rebel and it's less for the money than competing trucks. Maybe the midcycle will change that.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hard pass for me.
I'm never going to buy an electric or hybrid vehicle, unless the government makes the price of oil too much for me to afford. Until then,....only ICE vehicles with V8's hopefully. :rocking:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am thinking that maybe this Monday, 23 or 30 May, you may be able to place an order for a 2023 5th Generation Ram. It is that time of year.
They are pretty much committed to have the new model Rams at the Texas State Fair
GMC & Ford make the same commitment

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hard pass for me.
I'm never going to buy an electric or hybrid vehicle, unless the government makes the price of oil too much for me to afford. Until then,....only ICE vehicles with V8's hopefully. :rocking:
Have you been to the gas station lately? $4.95 for 87 here. I know it's less than California but they will make it happen slowly so people get used to it. I will never believe it's the convenient "war" excuse. It started before that.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone else seen the "uh-oh, we didn't think of that" circumstances in California? More an more people are buying EV's and now guess what? There's pretty serious concerns on how much longer the electric grid can support it! As summer approaches (and a heat wave now), between increased demand from air conditioners and now more people plugging their electric sh*tboxes in at night, they're stating there will be an increase in rolling black-outs.
Great job.....Make it more difficult and costly to use oil and force people to switch energy sources before the infrastructure can support it!

Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Have you been to the gas station lately? $4.95 for 87 here. I know it's less than California but they will make it happen slowly so people get used to it. I will never believe it's the convenient "war" excuse. It started before that.
Yep, about a year and a half ago to be exact! Not rocket science, fact's!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the "uh-oh, we didn't think of that" circumstances in California? More an more people are buying EV's and now guess what? There's pretty serious concerns on how much longer the electric grid can support it! As summer approaches (and a heat wave now), between increased demand from air conditioners and now more people plugging their electric sh*tboxes in at night, their stating there will be an increase in rolling black-outs.
Great job.....Make it more difficult and costly to use oil and force people to switch energy sources before the infrastructure can support it!

And we're considered the intelligent life form!

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
If they want electric vehicles to take hold they need to have universal battery packs that a gas station can quickly change out, even if a lift is required. No one wants to wait hrs for a charge while traveling. It would also do away with one of my fears when the car is 5+ yrs. Old and only worth 15k and it needs a 20k battery pack. I like to keep my cars 10+ yrs. I don't see a all electric car lasting that long. You don't see in adds that you should only charge to 85%. If you routinely charger to 100% to get those great distance numbers you are going to prematurely kill the batteries. Or so I have read.

RDNKB34R

Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of when they took the v8 out of the raptor, I soooo wanted one untill they did that crap.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I hope it has liquid cooled battery packs. I've been studying up on electric cars. I live in Florida and it gets hot. I've read the "leaf" from Nissan has no cooling at all not even a fan and the batteries are failing Fairly rapidly were as the Tesla has liquid cooled that kick in even if car is parked and most of the battery packs are at 90% at 100k miles. Of course in a pickup they would need to protect the piping so you can go off road. I watched a YouTube video on a tesla that ran over road debree and it broke a battery cooling pipe causing very expensive repair.

skates15

Reaction score
If they want electric vehicles to take hold they need to have universal battery packs that a gas station can quickly change out, even if a lift is required. No one wants to wait hrs for a charge while traveling. It would also do away with one of my fears when the car is 5+ yrs. Old and only worth 15k and it needs a 20k battery pack. I like to keep my cars 10+ yrs. I don't see a all electric car lasting that long. You don't see in adds that you should only charge to 85%. If you routinely charger to 100% to get those great distance numbers you are going to prematurely kill the batteries. Or so I have read.
This is already something available in China. You pull in and your battery pack is replaced, fully automated. The app shows which locations are busy, how many have charged packs, etc. YouTube has videos. It literally takes minutes.