Ram v 2021 F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just love competition , saw the unveiling of the new F150 last night. I thought Ford took a lot of Rams ideas and integrated them into their new truck, especially with respect to the interior. As a truck guy, I think it’s all good because with each generation these (expensive) pieces of machinery only get better.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I just love competition , saw the unveiling of the new F150 last night. I thought Ford took a lot of Rams ideas and integrated them into their new truck, especially with respect to the interior. As a truck guy, I think it’s all good because with each generation these (expensive) pieces of machinery only get better.

That doesn’t go well with Ford, the 2021s interior is ugly AF to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Better ride. Hands down. Other than that Ford definately raised the bar. Hats off to them. But, I'll stick with my awesome ride quality.

I'll give Ford this:
1. That awesome generator A/C thing. 7.2K??? Dang.
2. Wireless Apple carplay, Android Auto.
3. The autonomous driving thing. Future baby. Yeah, but I'll wait. Still interested.

Everything else is OK but not Earth shattering.

But on #2. Come on RAM, GM, others.... Wireless has been a struggle. Nobody who owns a smart phone needs super duper in-vehicle radio systems. Just give us wireless smartphone and we will figure the rest out.

P.S. I never like Ford looks. This is better, but still not my thing. Better is good though.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new F150 is very nice, however the way they package things I bet most of these bells and whistles will only be available in the top of the line trim. I tried to buy a Raptor before I bought my Ram but to get certain things I wanted I had to get a sunroof which I did not want but they bundle things up so I walked out.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Better headlights with the Ford F-150 and there will be the hybrid option that will increase fuel economy and driving range by 50%. Ford has lots of experience with 4WD hybrids so doubt they will make any mistakes in the engineering. Ford currently adds $4300 to the price for a F-150 to get 4WD which is more than a little excessive.

For trucks that will be used as a load hauling vehicle I much prefer the Ford with its rear leaf springs. Chevy used to put coil springs at the rear axle on their 1/2 ton pickups but was smart enough to move away from that. For people who put ride comfort above all else the Ram coil springs are fine and obviously a selling point.