@Ramcares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I have an unresolved issue with my truck caused by a recent recall. I have given the local dealer weeks to contact FCA for a solution, and have gotten nowhere. Now I'm pissed. I sent a PM to Ramcares yesterday, have not heard back yet. For those who have contacted @ramcares, how prompt was their response???

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I would give it about 7 days. I was 6 weeks out and complained, ramcares came in about 1 week later and it took about another month to get my truck back in through the service department.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It take a few days for me too. And, from what I could tell, they actually do seem to "care".

PaPa_Brewskey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently contacted them with an issue, and it took a day or two before someone responded. It took a couple of weeks to get final resolution, but she would communicate every few days to keep me informed of the progress. Couldn't have been happier with the resolution.
I feel that they are a great asset to this forum and I appreciate their participation.:winner_second_h4h:

OP
OP
T

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I"ll hang in there for a couple more days.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'd give them a week to respond. I think it was 3-4 days for me when I contacted them.

OP
OP
T

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up, I dropped my truck off this morning, customer care called shortly after to make sure I had gotten an appointment, and followed up with the dealer. This afternoon the dealer called to say it was done. So far, so good.

I appreciate Ramcares getting the ball rolling!

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just wanted to follow up, I dropped my truck off this morning, customer care called shortly after to make sure I had gotten an appointment, and followed up with the dealer. This afternoon the dealer called to say it was done. So far, so good.

I appreciate Ramcares getting the ball rolling!

Some folks have good intentions but, they need a fire lit under their rear end to get moving. Glad this worked out for you.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wish they`d do something with their lame auto techs. But thats like anything else today... steal your money, screw the buyer.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The same thing is true in most professions---some good, some bad. The days of the true craftsman that not only knows his craft well, but is proud of the work/service he provides is almost nonexistent. Many of these individuals either work for themselves or for specialty hot rod shops and their prices reflect the quality of their work. Sorry, just ramblings of an old guy ----
Jay

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They were very attentive with helping me, responses were usually within a day or so.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Just wanted to give the Ramcares staff a shout out for their professional and effective work. As a brand loyal customer since 1986 I have found that FCA-Ram wisdom to support a pro active customer assistance program was brilliant. Ramcares engaged our assembly defect issue with a open mind. Took the time to understand the issue. Worked closely and directly with my dealer. Was consistent and timely in their follow up and follow thru. Their effort and my quality dealers effort result in a proper, practical resolutions.
My GM and Ford friends, who have had new truck issues, are not having the same experience.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to give the Ramcares staff a shout out for their professional and effective work. As a brand loyal customer since 1986 I have found that FCA-Ram wisdom to support a pro active customer assistance program was brilliant. Ramcares engaged our assembly defect issue with a open mind. Took the time to understand the issue. Worked closely and directly with my dealer. Was consistent and timely in their follow up and follow thru. Their effort and my quality dealers effort result in a proper, practical resolutions.
My GM and Ford friends, who have had new truck issues, are not having the same experience.
Fitz,
i`m glad to hear that it worked out for you, most of us aren`t that lucky. As "Pull Ya" said (and i so totally agree) the care and quality suffers soooo badly today. My hat is off and i salute RAMCARES, for "trying to help", i just wish they would focus more on going into their dealers and shake it up. Associates as RAMCARES, are running their butts off trying to put out all the fires... when they should be concentrating how to keep the fires from being started. The fires all start at the factory`s... by rushing things to market, then the fools at the dealership aren`t trained to fix things right the first time. Some get lucky, most dont. Which leads to several visits back to the dealership.

At the end of the day, we pay ALOTTA money for vehicles, and we all would rather they were diag and repaired right "the first itme", when/if repairs are needed. I spent most of my life turning wrench`s for dealerships. I couldnt take the stupidity anymore. Some of these people just aren`t trainable... most are there just for a paycheck... no pride in what they do. When i was turning wrench`s (for MANY decades), that customer was my bread an butter. I had to do more than an excellent job on their vehicle, i had hungry mouths to feed at home. I needed them happy when they left, so that they would return to me for more service. Thats what put the food on my family`s table, roof over their heads, clothes on their backs. NOBODYCARES today... and thats whats sad.

Anyway, end of rant... i`m pretty sure ya`ll get what i`m saying.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me just add one more thing.... some of these dealerships have screwed so many GOOD tech`s, that they chose a new profession... like i did.
I got tired of having to fix all the "come-backs" from lousy so-called tech`s while they made double the flat rate money over what i was making.
By the time the customer ripped off the managers heads, they had to give the car to me because they knew it would get fixed right.
Where was MY incentive to CARE anymore. Instead of screwing the customers, i walked away from turning wrenchs.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Let me just add one more thing.... some of these dealerships have screwed so many GOOD tech`s, that they chose a new profession... like i did.
I got tired of having to fix all the "come-backs" from lousy so-called tech`s while they made double the flat rate money over what i was making.
By the time the customer ripped off the managers heads, they had to give the car to me because they knew it would get fixed right.
Where was MY incentive to CARE anymore. Instead of screwing the customers, i walked away from turning wrenchs.
Not only do I fully agree, I also respect the real world points you made. Just to confirm, had the dealers taken a pro active, get to the bottom of this and get it fixed,,,,FCA would not be buying the truck back. But the sad fact is, that is not their motivation. Frankly, I do not think much is going to change in the present manufacture, dealer business model.