Rams sales up 56.4%! Now the #2 best selling truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AARCH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The proof is in the numbers and Ram sales are soaring. They sold 68,098 trucks in June alone, that's up 56.4% over June of last year. They sold 179,454 in the second quarter of this year, up 38.5%! However, GMC and Chevy are both down over the same time frame. Ford will release their sales numbers this week. Ram has played second fiddle to GMC and Chevy for way too long, but not anymore. Most of us on this site realize how special Ram is, but now the numbers prove it.

I see more and more Rams on the road each week. People apparently truly love the new body style and exceptional interior qualities.

Not often do you want to tout being #2, but in this case, it's a great step in the right direction. Is #1 coming?!

Anyway, just wanted to share the great news!

jwd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi
GM's brilliant thinking - take away nice options like power adjustable pedals and raise the price to make up for it (?!) are bad ideas. Add in making the new model hideously ugly and it's not surprising their sales are down significantly.

For now I'm keeping my 2015 Ram Limited. I'd like a new Longhorn but can't get it equipped the way I want - basically everything but without power running boards. Those will be trouble in snow/ice and offroad and drop too far down. I also REALLY hate the giant pimpmobile rims with rubber bands for tires they're putting on the trucks now.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GM's brilliant thinking - take away nice options like power adjustable pedals and raise the price to make up for it (?!) are bad ideas. Add in making the new model hideously ugly and it's not surprising their sales are down significantly.

For now I'm keeping my 2015 Ram Limited. I'd like a new Longhorn but can't get it equipped the way I want - basically everything but without power running boards. Those will be trouble in snow/ice and offroad and drop too far down. I also REALLY hate the giant pimpmobile rims with rubber bands for tires they're putting on the trucks now.

Agree on the awful GM's. As for the new longhorn, you can get them in 20's like the 4th gen and I know I've seen a member on here put some 18's on for winter. Also, could just take off the boards and sell them. I prefer the longhorn for the 5th gen as well due to being able to not have the air suspension.

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every motor magazine or test site I have seen has the Chevy and GMC trucks third behind Ford and Ram. Also check out the IIHS crash test site, the GM products did not do near as well in some of the crash tests either. What’s really funny is GMC’s foldable bed gate, it’s a horrible design in that if you have a trailer hitch on your truck and you use the step feature on the gate you will hit the hitch . Ooops

LouCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to RAM, and the ONLY reason I even considered them was the crazy June discounts. I didn't even really need a new truck, but after one test drive and a little research into the technology, I was hooked. With just over 2,000 miles on my Limited, I couldn't be happier, and more importantly, I'm a believer now.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Honestly I never thought I would own a Ram (Dodge). But when I started looking I really liked it so I now have a patriot blue laramie sitting in my garage. :cheers:

shrubs2000

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm new to RAM, and the ONLY reason I even considered them was the crazy June discounts. I didn't even really need a new truck, but after one test drive and a little research into the technology, I was hooked. With just over 2,000 miles on my Limited, I couldn't be happier, and more importantly, I'm a believer now.

Same. Have been looking at all trucks (well, minus Ford) and SUVs with an intended purchase of next year. Jun savings were amazing so purchased a little earlier than planned.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own one and am a fan, but does anyone REALLY believe a 56.4% increase? Like it came out of nowhere and all of a sudden RAMs are selling like hotcakes?

When I see increases like that I start to wonder what set of books they are reading from.....

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own one and am a fan, but does anyone REALLY believe a 56.4% increase? Like it came out of nowhere and all of a sudden RAMs are selling like hotcakes?

When I see increases like that I start to wonder what set of books they are reading from.....

Felt the same way when I started watching baseball again this summer for the first time in about 20 years. They said mlb was on pace to hit 1000 more home runs than last year or something, which seems like a pretty ridiculous increase. Guess the really are "juicing" the ball. Is ram playing with the numbers? Eh probably, I'm sure they all do so who knows what's really accurate.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless you are just brand loyal blind.I can't see a single reason to buy a gm over a ram.you would have to update to a 6.2 to have apples to apples with a hemi and at that point you would have a higher price ,fewer choices of trucks and your transmission and styling would still be inferior imo.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It is primarily due to the fact that FCA is selling both the 4th gens as “Classic” models, a good portion of which are being heavily discounted for commercial fleet sales, along with Classic consumer sales and the new 5th gen sales. If you remove the Classic sales, it’s not nearly what they are touting. And yes, FCA is fudging the numbers as well. Here’s one article that talks about a whistleblower case against FCA:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fca-reid-bigland-ram-whistleblower-lawsuit/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless you are just brand loyal blind.I can't see a single reason to buy a gm over a ram.you would have to update to a 6.2 to have apples to apples with a hemi and at that point you would have a higher price ,fewer choices of trucks and your transmission and styling would still be inferior imo.

I think the 6.2 GM has a decent amount more hp and tq than the hemi, but it does seem like they are a lot more expensive and harder to find. I heard they are easing up on that though, giving the 6.2 option in more trim levels rather than just the highest ones. However, I find the new Chevy "aztecs" (it looks like an aztec pickup to me) to be hideous, and the interiors are still lacking compared to the other brands.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ram actually outsells Ford and Chevy and GMC combined and has done so for years if you include all trucks sold and do not count only the 1500 class trucks.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram actually outsells Ford and Chevy and GMC combined and has done so for years if you include all trucks sold and do not count only the 1500 class trucks.

That's a pretty lofty statement, curious where you are getting your statistics from?

upload_2019-8-19_16-51-5.png

upload_2019-8-19_16-49-38.png

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stumbled upon Ram last year because of the crazy discounts. $50K truck for $34K. None of the other makers (maybe Nissan???) we're competing. The value proposition was too good to pass up. I absolutely love my Ram and am glad I ended up with it. Got in on Lifetime Maxcare to boot. I like Fords and Toyotas. Not a fan of Chevy/GMC or Nissan (Titan). My previous truck was a Frontier and I really liked it. Bought it too because of the value. The Ram made it feel like a toy though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not really. I see probably like 25 new rams driving around a day and like 3 new GM's.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Lol where at on Mars or aomething??