Random dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan watts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got a 2012 6.7 an it's got issues with dying at random times. Sometimes multiple times in a few miles or not for weeks. At first I was having to pull over an reset the battery cables to get it to start again. Now if figured out if I put it in neutral it will stay running an I have to wait a bit to put it back in Gear. I havent the slightest clue as to what's wrong. It doesn't throw any codes. just got it back from the dealer. They did some warranty work an installed a wim module. They said that was the issue with it dying. Didnt make it 3 miles an it died again. 3 times total before I could get home 10 miles away. Has anyone else ever came across a issue like this? The key is kinda hard to start it you gotta push in an down on it for it to work. An I've also been told it could be the tipm. I dont wanna just start throwing parts at it if I can keep from it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Have you serviced your fuel filters lately?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So I got a 2012 6.7 an it's got issues with dying at random times. Sometimes multiple times in a few miles or not for weeks. At first I was having to pull over an reset the battery cables to get it to start again. Now if figured out if I put it in neutral it will stay running an I have to wait a bit to put it back in Gear. I havent the slightest clue as to what's wrong. It doesn't throw any codes. just got it back from the dealer. They did some warranty work an installed a wim module. They said that was the issue with it dying. Didnt make it 3 miles an it died again. 3 times total before I could get home 10 miles away. Has anyone else ever came across a issue like this? The key is kinda hard to start it you gotta push in an down on it for it to work. An I've also been told it could be the tipm. I dont wanna just start throwing parts at it if I can keep from it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I sincerely apologize for the trouble, @Ryan watts. Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support in addressing the concerns that you are experiencing. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://bit.ly/3fy5Kfo

Mark
RamCares