RC 4" suspension question....not issue!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It sits level but I'll get a pic later

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
This has me really curious.

I'd call them and talk to someone in person. I wouldn't give up on them quite yet. There is no way a 4" lift is only 1/2" higher than a leveled truck. Explain to them that your truck is constantly bottoming out up front.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

huntinrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
after having one of our techs look at it. they are saying it is correct. the front bumper will cause it to squat in front some from the weight

Show quoted text

Here is the response from RC. Horrible. I asked two or three times if he could recommend the N3 struts or if it would be a good idea for me to wait until they're vertex line of coilovers come out for the ram pickup series and he never once recommended either of those and basically told me I had to make a homemade spacer

OP
OP
H

huntinrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here's pics of how it sits. Like I said I'm happy with ride height....just not the uptravel, ground clearance and CV angles
58e743e0f6ce9e9b8032d659041143de.jpg
3dca5c4b47595a8440946e5806ca1521.jpg
7159769a59cf420d0a9623704912cd87.jpg
dacdb05e98eaedd8cd97081f60fb1eb2.jpg

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I was wondering if you had an aftermarket bumper... That, plus the extra 250 pounds of motor you have under the hood (ecodiesel) is probably causing your coils to work overtime. Maybe a heavier weight coil is necessary for your set up, not a new pair of struts.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I was wondering if you had an aftermarket bumper... That, plus the extra 250 pounds of motor you have under the hood (ecodiesel) is probably causing your coils to work overtime. Maybe a heavier weight coil is necessary for your set up, not a new pair of struts.
Yea, I was wondering if you could add the eibach coils to that setup. I'm just not 100% that those struts use stock length coils. And eibach coils haven't really been reported to be stiffer than oem, contrary to advertisement.

The diesel and bumper combo surely has those struts overloaded.

OP
OP
H

huntinrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I'm willing to buy new coilovers. That's why I was asking RC about the new Vertex but they never even acknowledged my question

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'm willing to buy new coilovers. That's why I was asking RC about the new Vertex but they never even acknowledged my question

Spent a few hrs searching online for some easy solutions for ya. Thus far BDS and Rough Country are the only 2 I have found with full length assembled Coilovers.

Aside from that, the cheaper route would be to find the 4" spacer and find a popular leveling height strut in combination with that. Alot of the guys here run the zone 4" with bilstein 5100s set to the .7" lift setting.

All depends on where you wanna spend yoir money.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the late jump in here.

Just to make sure I got this right...So what are you looking for exactly? Front coil overs that will give you 4" of lift over stock?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sorry for the late jump in here.

Just to make sure I got this right...So what are you looking for exactly? Front coil overs that will give you 4" of lift over stock?
Yes. He has a 4" Rough Country with the full length struts that have sagged a good bit and are giving him a ****** ride. Often bottoming out. I've checked and RC don't use a different strut from gas to diesel. He has the Ecodiesel as well as a winch and bumper.

Idk much about bracket lifts and what is available

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. He has a 4" Rough Country with the full length struts that have sagged a good bit and are giving him a ****** ride. Often bottoming out. I've checked and RC don't use a different strut from gas to diesel. He has the Ecodiesel as well as a winch and bumper.

Idk much about bracket lifts and what is available

Thank you for bringing me up to speed. Combination of things going on here. Ok let me see what I can find that will work in this combo.

OP
OP
H

huntinrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks guys!!!

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I wonder if a custom set could be ordered from King or ICON... He will probably need a heavier coil - More than likely, a simple switch to 5100s won't do him any good because he'd still get stuck with the worn out springs he has now. Off the shelf coilovers may quickly sag because of the extra weight up front as well, especially since this is a truck that goes off road.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a 2016 Eco. I installed the Rough Country 4" suspension kit a couple years ago. So far so good. No issues.

However, I have very little uptravel in my suspension.

In fact my control arms angle upwards. This leads to horrible ground clearance and some harsh "hits" when hitting bumps in the road or humps.

Does anyone have a photo of their Eco with a 4" suspension and the control arm angle?

I'm wanting more uptravel in my suspension.

Also I feel I probably need to replace my strut/coilovers assembly up front due to wear and tear and time. Been almost three years of hunting/off road use.

Will running Bilstein 5100 help with leveling my control arms for more uptravel?

What are my options on going more clearance in front? Is this just a spring sag issue?ab1e17e4b3c106576035bad259b5d242.jpgf1f2439909722adf4de52b3554dc0476.jpg

I'm seeing some abnormal tire wear in the first pic. So I'm led to believe that there's more than struts and spring issues happening. I'd be interested in seeing more pics of the truck not just underneath it. Also pics from the backside of the tires towards the struts...

Blue Mule