Re-modding a mod? Tell us the mods you have done 2 or more times on the same truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to hear about mods you have done 2 or more times on the same truck. You changed your mind, you changed your lifestyle, someone had a big sale, your wife made you do it, or you just made a mistake on the first one...

What mods have you done and then re-done??

Here are mine in the last 2 years:

Volant --> Vararam CAI

2" rear drop to --> 2/4 drop

Belltech shocks --> QA1 shocks

Satin BT catch can --> Red BT catch can

Kicker speaker/subs upgrade --> Hertz, Skar, Helix audio build

MF polished tips --> MF powder coated black tips

Bullydog tuner --> DS trinity/hemifever

That's all I can remember for now... I am sure this isn't the last of the re-modding, though. I always tell myself that, just like with my multiple marriages, I will get it right one of these days! :roflsquared:

Last edited:

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I haven't done much to my truck..but I didn't like the completely debadged look. Ended up putting on custom mopar badges on the fender where the hemi badge was.

...Rebadged?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
DS/Hemifever tune in place of the Bully Dog tuner.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Lets see here...

On my 03 Hemi, I ran 9 different sets of wheels, 5 different sets of headers, 8 different air intakes, 4 different tuners, 4 different cams, 2 different sets of ported heads, 4 different tq converters, 3 different audio systems, and 3 different hoods. I'm sure I am forgetting more, but these come to mind quickly. I remodded more parts on that 1 truck than most people would put on 10 trucks...haha.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my old truck had a flowmaster 40 series muffler and replaced it with dynomax bullet. Blacked out stock headlights then ending up buying custom headlights. Tires, leveled and went with 33s, then bought 35s which led to a regear. Trying to leave this one simple for warranty. This truck just went straight for the bullet!! I'm 30 now with two kids so it gets harder to justify remodding.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lets see here...

On my 03 Hemi, I ran 9 different sets of wheels, 5 different sets of headers, 8 different air intakes, 4 different tuners, 4 different cams, 2 different sets of ported heads, 4 different tq converters, 3 different audio systems, and 3 different hoods. I'm sure I am forgetting more, but these come to mind quickly. I remodded more parts on that 1 truck than most people would put on 10 trucks...haha.

Ok, ok Matt, you win! I will need about 20 years to catch up to you, lol! :favorites13:

Oops, I forgot one of my "sorta" re-mods!

I bought a MagHytec diff cover from Matt, came to the conclusion that it would not fit and sent it back.
A month later I decided that I could not live without it and re-ordered it from Matt! :suicide:

It's REALLY close, but it does fit! I love it!

Attachments

• Suspension 5.jpg
    Suspension 5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, ok Matt, you win! I will need about 20 years to catch up to you, lol! :favorites13:

Oops, I forgot one of my "sorta" re-mods!

I bought a MagHytec diff cover from Matt, came to the conclusion that it would not fit and sent it back.
A month later I decided that I could not live without it and re-ordered it from Matt! :suicide:

It's REALLY close, but it does fit! I love it!

that looks really nice man! Sadly not many people will ever see it..but hey YOU know it's there!

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let's see...

Magnaflow 18" single in/dual out --> Magnaflow 14" single in/single out --> Magnaflow 24" --> soon to be changed

Sstock manifolds, no cats, and Magnaflow y-pipe --> ARH lobgtubes with cats --> Longtubes no cats --> longtubes with cats --> soon to be changed

Botched install 2800 Circle-D converter oops :eek: --> stock converter --> 3200 Circle-D billet --> stock converter --> 2800 PATC converter

Stock wheels --> Boss wheels --> soon to be changed

Cut stock rear coils to level --> 2/4 --> 2/5 --> 3/5 --> 4/6

Painted valve covers and intake manifold --> repainted

****, good thing I do my own work or I might would have learned something by now.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
that looks really nice man! Sadly not many people will ever see it..but hey YOU know it's there!

That diff cover is on there to keep differential fluid temps down and for ease of maintenance. The fact that it looks nice is just an added bonus.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just a few

Spectra intake > Vararam

Stock single exhaust >borla cat back>muffler delete> magnaflow 14"

That's it for now funds are low.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So far the only mod that I'm re-moding
5.0 uConnect --> 8.4 uConnect RA3 -->8.4 uConnect RA4 --> 5.0 uConnect
And once the free year of XM runs out I'm going to put it back to the 8.4 RA4

I'm kicking around doing this re-mod
Sylvania Silver Star Ultra Highs/Lows --> TYC Bihalogen Projector Headlights

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Lol, I might just have Matt beat, not that it's a competition, but it IS an addiction.

On my '07:
4 exhausts, 4 sets of wheels, 2 entire interior color changes, 2 cams, 2 sets of heads, 2 roll pans, 2 hoods, stock->2/4->3/5 drop, 2 tonneau covers, changed headlight 4 times, 3 grilles, 3 sets of fog lights, 2 bumper covers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more at this point.

On my '09:

2 engines (had a 392 ordered but bought a 349 instead); 3 different superchargers, now 2 sets of heads, 3 sets of rear springs, 3 sets of rear shocks, 2 complete rear suspension changes, 2 sets of adjustable control arms, 2 sets of headlights.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Lol, I might just have Matt beat, not that it's a competition, but it IS an addiction.

On my '07:
4 exhausts, 4 sets of wheels, 2 entire interior color changes, 2 cams, 2 sets of heads, 2 roll pans, 2 hoods, stock->2/4->3/5 drop, 2 tonneau covers, changed headlight 4 times, 3 grilles, 3 sets of fog lights, 2 bumper covers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more at this point.

On my '09:

2 engines (had a 392 ordered but bought a 349 instead); 3 different superchargers, now 2 sets of heads, 3 sets of rear springs, 3 sets of rear shocks, 2 complete rear suspension changes, 2 sets of adjustable control arms, 2 sets of headlights.

Its hard to stop once you get started. We always say that you learn from your mistakes on the previous truck, but a true truck enthusiast never stops working on their vehicle.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha good stuff! Damn! I had a feeling charonblk's list would be long and interesting (expensive)!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its hard to stop once you get started. We always say that you learn from your mistakes on the previous truck, but a true truck enthusiast never stops working on their vehicle.

You guys have a BIG head start on me. Prior to 2 years ago I had never modded any vehicle (except for motorcycles). I had never done anything more than having a shop put on new wheels.

So I started really late at 37 years old, maybe that explains my child-like enthusiasm and crazy mod ideas I sometimes have! :roflsquared:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
HAHA. This made me think about my current truck.

Stock suspension - 2" rear drop - Ground Force 2/3 drop
Stock tires - Nitto TG 305/55/20 - Cooper LTZ 305/50/20
Stock exhaust manifolds - Vararam longtubes w/ Cats - Vararam longtubes without cats
Stock exhaust - magnaflow catback - Mufflex 18" - Mufflex 24"
Stock exhaust tips - Magnaflow 5" Tips - Moe's Bolt on 5" Tips
Stock throttle body - Moe's 85MM TB - Moe's 87MM TB
Stock Quad Headlights - 6000K HID's - 5000K HID's - 2013 Projectors w/ 5000K HID's

I wish you wouldn't make me think about all this stuff and how much money has been spent in the few months I've owned this truck...haha.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAHA. This made me think about my current truck.

Stock suspension - 2" rear drop - Ground Force 2/3 drop
Stock tires - Nitto TG 305/55/20 - Cooper LTZ 305/50/20
Stock exhaust manifolds - Vararam longtubes w/ Cats - Vararam longtubes without cats
Stock exhaust - magnaflow catback - Mufflex 18" - Mufflex 24"
Stock exhaust tips - Magnaflow 5" Tips - Moe's Bolt on 5" Tips
Stock throttle body - Moe's 85MM TB - Moe's 87MM TB
Stock Quad Headlights - 6000K HID's - 5000K HID's - 2013 Projectors w/ 5000K HID's

I wish you wouldn't make me think about all this stuff and how much money has been spent in the few months I've owned this truck...haha.

Lol! Hey, this is better spent money than on hookers and dope, right?! :roflsquared:

(I am not saying I ever had to make a conscious decision between modding my truck OR hookers and dope... lmao!)

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

Ain't that the truth. My '07 started with changing the tail lights to get rid of the 3D ones, those got stolen, replaced them, then headlights... Then hood... 3 years later that truck got wrecked and I got to start over on the '09. I had a plan of what I wanted to do and I executed that plan then made changes when something didn't work or look quite the way I wanted it to.

The worst/best is when something breaks, then it's an excuse to upgrade since you need to replace it anyway but you always end up doing more than just that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You guys have a BIG head start on me. Prior to 2 years ago I had never modded any vehicle (except for motorcycles). I had never done anything more than having a shop put on new wheels.

So I started really late at 37 years old, maybe that explains my child-like enthusiasm and crazy mod ideas I sometimes have! :roflsquared:

Dude I don't even want to know where I'll be at 37...

I'm 22 years old now,
Got my mustang when I was 17 and rebuilt the front end. Mostly bolt on stuff. We let Ford do the frame and body repair.
I had a 10k dollar SPL sound system in my truck when I was 18 along with full sound deadening, exhaust, intake, and tuner.
I owned my first motorcycle when I was 19. That was the first time I did engine work.
By the time I was 20 I had owned three motorcycles. My third I did full bolt ons with, exhaust, header, intake, throttle, headlights, taillights, etc. etc. That thing would outrun a lambo any day.
When I was 21 my dad gave me my mustang and I sold my truck. I also sold my motorcycle and began modding my mustang. Put a supercharger on it and this is really when things got fun. I did gears, rear suspension, blew a motor, turned 22, put another one in, modded brakes, re did my fuel system, ran 16lbs boost for 600hp, and then finally graduated college.
Then I bought my truck at 22, tore my mustang apart, and now I'm doing a supercharger kit that will run 1400hp... If I can build a motor that will handle it.
And now I have a few bolt ons with my truck. Hopefully I won't be redoing any, but we shall see.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Let's see...on my 2011 I went from stock exhaust --> straight pipe--> MagnaFlow 14" --> flowmaster 10 series.
I haven't switched anything on my 2014 yet! Lol. .oh wait! MBRP 4" tips --> MBRP 5" tips!