Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codyusaf04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport
Fellow Ram owners,
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport 4x4...5" rough country suspension lift, Fuel offroad rims and and toyo open country R/t tires. Over the past few months I have had some drivetrain issues...just had to replace a cracked transfer case(no idea what caused this) and i'm pretty sure i may need a new ring & pinion gear set. I don't haul/tow a lot...sometimes my motorcycle, but maybe twice a year i tow a trailer for hauling building materials...i believe towing some of those heavy materials have strained my rear end. I love my truck and wanna make it last and i'm thinking about changing my gears (currently 3.73 rears) I don't wanna go crazy...i just wanna add a lil extra torque but still maintain decent fuel mileage( i average about 13-16)...can you guys tell me what kinda cost i might have in changing the proper components to achieve my goal, including anything for the front 4x4 differential. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The shop around here quoted me $600 in labor to re-gear my 4wd. That’s about all the help I can be. I’m still on stock gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How'd you end up with 3.73's in a 1500? Did you put them? That's not an OEM set for half tons that year (3.55, 3.92).