Rear headrest fit on front seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_stoop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I have a reg cab short box and the seat headrest is killing me with its angle being too far forward. Somewhere on the internet someone said you can put rear seat headrests in a front seat to eliminate the angle, its just I can't find confirmation anywhere else if this is possible.

Can anyone confirm this works for me before I buy a set of rear headrests? Thank you.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all, I have a reg cab short box and the seat headrest is killing me with its angle being too far forward. Somewhere on the internet someone said you can put rear seat headrests in a front seat to eliminate the angle, its just I can't find confirmation anywhere else if this is possible.

Can anyone confirm this works for me before I buy a set of rear headrests? Thank you.

A buddy and I use his F150 for a 21+ hour marathon drive to North Florida and it destroys my neck unless I set the seat in a very reclined position. The headrest in those trucks is very much angled forward, more than Ram trucks.

Whenever I get in his truck for shorter local trips, I always recline the seat and no problems with my neck.

BTW, I suffered a traumatic neck injury decades ago and it bugs now & again but I've learned exercises that completely relieve the issue, provided I do them regularly.

You might consider looking at the root cause of your discomfort instead of trying to modify your environment which is only a band-aid solution to the real problem. :cool:

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum.

Last edited:

keen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the rears from my '11 on the fronts. confirmed. they changed the angle by '16 so I dont do that on that one.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I swapped front to rear briefly in my '16. They were much smaller than I liked so ended up putting it all back

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like KYPotlicker said just swap the driver and passenger headrests. If you pull the passenger headrest out and turn it around so you are theoretically using the back of the headrest the adjustment notches line up in the drivers side mount. Turn the driver’s headrest around and use it in the passenger mount.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The headrest in the passenger side on my truck is turned around because my wife found that it hit her in the back of the head, drove her crazy. She is short, about 5 ft tall if that helps, No issue for me on my side, so I didn't turn the drivers side around.

OP
OP
M

mr_stoop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all your help, fellas! I have ordered some rear headrests knowing now that they fit.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for all your help, fellas! I have ordered some rear headrests knowing now that they fit.
Look close at this picture,i just flipped the drivers side head rest around on my regular cab,didn't cost a dime,lol.Pass side one still faces forward

Attachments

• DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    86 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The rear headrests off of a 2011-2018 Ram 1500/2500/3500/etc. or 2019-current Ram 1500 Classic will fit on the front seats, also since the 2019-current Ram 2500/3500/etc. use the same seats as the 4th gen Ram Pickups (2009-2018) the headrests will fit in there too.

The new HD Ram Pickups have it where the headrest is able to adjust by angle, so you can adjust it flat or on an angle like what the original ones were.

2009-2010 Ram 1500 rear headrests MIGHT fit, but they may be too small for your head so I wouldn’t.

Here shows that the length on the poles for the headrests are the exact same, plus I might switch my 4th gen headrest out and put in an adjustable 5th gen 2500 headrest, if I do I sure will do an update on that!

Anyways, here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 7

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year