Rear power door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswingchun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The power lock on my left rear door of my 2004 will lock the door but not unlock it.

Believe it or not, none of the wires in the door boot were broken. When I push the unlock button on the key fob, I can see the lock actuator push the rod, but it can't get the white pivot part to pivot. It seems like the rod is pushing too straight into the pivot part that the rod connects to, if that makes any sense. The other door seems like there is a little more of an angle to the rod. If I lock the door by hand to the point where it just barely moves the pivot part, then the power lock will unlock it. If I lock it with the power lock, then it won't unlock.

Any ideas?

IMG_7674.JPG

OP
OP
J

jswingchun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Haha, I figured it out about 20 minutes after I posted. There is a little clip on the rod that aligns it properly, it is the little white clip in the pic. It is about halfway between the actuator and the pivot point. The clip was disconnected from the door. I popped that back in and all is good.IMG_7675.JPG

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, CAI, Catbacks, Intune I2
Can't tell you how many times I have done that - just step back and take a second look and figure it out.... or a second beer!!1 ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963