Rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2019 Ram Rebel rear speakers not working. I purchased this vehicle several years ago with 30,000 already on the clock. I don’t think rear speakers have worked since I bought it. Wondering if this is a common problem with the 5th generation Rams and what’s the possible fix. They are rear door speakers and it is a quad cab.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you confirm that you’ve used the fader and balance controls to isolate each rear speaker to verify no sound?

Do you know if the previous owner altered any portion of the audio system?

Have the rear doors ever had any work done to the interior components of the inside door panel?

While it’s not unheard of it is unusual that both rear speaker channels are out. Unfortunately there is no quick and easy fix to correct the issue. You will have to do some troubleshooting and eliminate each possibility.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you done the above, checked for balance and fade settings on the radio?

Have you replaced the radio, or is it an aftermarket radio? It is kind of weird that both rear speakers are not working at all. Take a door off and see if there is even a speaker in there, possible that the previous owner had put better ones in, wanted to keep them and just bought a cheap pair for front and nothing for rear. Also could take radio out and make sure someone didn't cut wires for something aftermarket and then reinstalled original radio with basic rewiring.

While you have panel off check voltage to wire and you could also buy a decent low priced pair to try and replace in that door and see if anything happens.

Good luck.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
BTW, you posted in the 4th gen area

Not sure if this applies here, in my Magnum, many moons ago with an "upgraded" stereo(alpine or whatever they had), the outboard amp is where all the fading and balancing took place.

If it is a standard stereo, there should not be an outboard amp, YMMV.

here is a good site to find the wire coloring (DS 4th gen/DT 5th gen)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357