Rear Tail Light Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridge Pete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Now I know everyone likely wants to tell me to check the bulb and the socket. I did both of those, but thanks for hoping for the simple solution. I did too.

Truck: 2010 Ram Laramie 3500, 4x4, 6.7 Diesel

What happned is this. The rear passenger tail light AND the passenger side light at my License Plate both quit at the same time. The signal, reverse and the brake light all still work. The wiring harness from the License Plate light joins into the harness to the Tail light, so I believe they as both are powered from the same wire. Might be wrong, but the problem I have is I can't find a wiring diagram for this run. I know these two lights (passenger side) come off a main that also runs to the drivers side. Driver's side is good, all lights still working, so I think the fault is after or at that fork in the harness,

My question is this. Has anyone experienced this issue before? and does anyone know the wire color I should be tracing and replacing? I am thinking to the main and relace from there to the split at the tail and license plate as they both went out at the same time.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

acd118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
Most of the wiring issues with lights out I have seen have been a short or slice somewhere in the harness. I would start looking for exposed wires or rub marks, or maybe even a pinched or bent wire before I went cutting and splicing. Hopefully this will save you some hassle. Good luck.