Rear under seat storage ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With the 5th gen having flat floors you should be able to build your own bin out of mdf custom to fit whatever you want to store under there and color match carpet it or find some low profile tool bins and strap them in so you can remove them if you need the floor space.

OP
OP
Accountant

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
At least buck up for the high thread count. Lol

LOL

I'm just using a small tool bag for now. I like the open space.

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got an update from Tammie at DU-Ha. She indicated they had finalized the mold and matching colors for the 2019 quad cab bin I had inquired about. She indicated production should start in 2 months. I will wait to see how it turns out. In the mean time I will use tool bags I have.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The open space is way better for those with kid car seats!

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There isn't under seat storage anymore? I had it in my 2011 Longhorn 1500 and I have it in my 2016 Laramie 2500.

Nope...I had what I call a well or lip under the seat on my 2012 - like most other 4th gens....On the 19's they made the entire back floor flat - all the way under the seats as well. I guess some people like the flat floor, especially when you lift the seats up...Maybe good for a dog, etc. Even with the in-floor bins, I miss the hidden aspect of the under-seat storage. It's my one (I guess minor) disappointment of the 2019's. To me it's wasted space.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope...I had what I call a well or lip under the seat on my 2012 - like most other 4th gens....On the 19's they made the entire back floor flat - all the way under the seats as well. I guess some people like the flat floor, especially when you lift the seats up...Maybe good for a dog, etc. Even with the in-floor bins, I miss the hidden aspect of the under-seat storage. It's my one (I guess minor) disappointment of the 2019's. To me it's wasted space.

3 weeks in I have a love/hate relationship with it so far. I like the completely flat rear floor; that was what got me out of my Titan.

HOWEVER, the little shelf that goes under the seat on each side is too narrow to hold much of anything and, I have found, anything up there has a tendency to come back down if you have to hit the brakes. Also, if you put something that just fits in there, you can't lower the seat. So there's that. One other complaint - minor, but anyway - is that they made the floor mats stop at the edge of where the seat is when it's down rather than all the way back. That's lame - even my 15 year old truck had floor mats in the rear that covered the entire floor (other than the tranny hump). I'll figure out some solution to covering everything - my dog has a tendency to have muddy paws so I'd like to have the entire rear floor covered.

I will probably make my own little divider for the area. Just something big enough to keep things from flinging around everywhere.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HUSKY now has a unit for the 2019's for rear under the seat storage if yer trim level does not have, but that puppy $160.00 plus.....

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 6'4" bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for ways to utilize/organize the storage area under the rear seats. Right now I just toss things under there but they roll around LOL.
My 2006 Ram had storage built in I looked at it and copied into my new 2019 I just ran a 2X8 board across the floor and turned it in at the ends and made a small box that runs the length of the back seat I will try to take and post a pic for you I attached with 2 srews at each end to the plastic on the sides under the seat and painted it black to match the interior

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now this I like, will it allow the Crew cab seats to fully come down ?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Perfect, I’ve let my wife know and she wants me to keep an eye out for when its in full production. :)

French

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Just purchased a 2019 Laramie which window sticker says has rear under seat storage added at $125.. Is that suppose to be a plastic liner with compartments or just the fold up carpeted flap??? Seems a little pricey for just a fold up flap to me. Truck also was missing side rails, and adjustable bed brackets , mats, listed on sticker, but dealer making that good..so just checking Thanks for any input,

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
my laramie has under seat storage and storage bins in the floor on each side by the door in the back

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Ram accessories option under seat storage tray. $110.00. available for any crew cab trim level truck. Tradesmen up to Limited. Find it in the build & price website if you want to see what it looks like. Probably much easier to go to your dealer ‘s parts dept though. Amazing what can be added by the dealer. Integrated bed lights, integrated trailer brake controller, cargo tie down rails and bed divider, just to mention a few.