Rebuild kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colby Hardin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 24v CR
Well it's time to rebuild my beast. It's a 2006 3500 5.9 CR with a G56 hung to it. I've got the billowing white smoke and my oil filler cap blows to the moon. I haven't pulled the motor to start building yet but I want to build it strong and never have to worry about it again. Do any of y'all have recommendations on a good rebuild kit or point me in the direction of a parts list of must haves when rebuilding this common rail?

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I would open the top end and take a look in the cylinders before buying rebuild parts. A buddy of my son's has an 05 Cummins and his truck started using oil and a lot of blow by. The engine blew while driving from a wrist pin that had come loose and the block would have been worthless for rebuilding, even before the catastrophic failure. He bought a reman engine from Industrial Diesel in Utah and installed it himself, and the trucks runs good now.