Recall HD 2019-2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased my 2019 Bighorn 2500 diesel 4X4 on Jan 14, 2020. According to the article mlrtimemach posted above FCA logged this on Jan 15, 2020. I'm not sure how I was able to take possession of this vehicle as certified recall free.

I'm not happy that I have the cab mount clunk and now this on a vehicle with 1500 miles and now heading to the shop. This after just turning in my 2017 similar truck through the lemon law.

OP
OP
M

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I purchased my 2019 Bighorn 2500 diesel 4X4 on Jan 14, 2020. According to the article mlrtimemach posted above FCA logged this on Jan 15, 2020. I'm not sure how I was able to take possession of this vehicle as certified recall free.

I'm not happy that I have the cab mount clunk and now this on a vehicle with 1500 miles and now heading to the shop. This after just turning in my 2017 similar truck through the lemon law.
It may not be widely known with dealers yet......maybe? The actual recall hasn't been sent out yet so maybe that has somethin to do with it as well. Playin Devils advocate if that helped

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hey, JoeSee. I would be happy to look in to any concerns you're experiencing. Please send a private message to get started.

Kate
RamCares

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good Morning Kate from RamCares,

I'm new to forums and not sure how to PM you.

I just bought this truck, 2K miles now, to replace my last truck, a 2017 2500 Diesel 4X4 that Stericycle just took back to FCA last month Jan 2020. That was a two year process/ordeal and not one I want to live again.

Currently I have the cab mount clunk that's discussed in https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-2500-tradesman-with-clunk-rattle.147622/page-10. Also, I'm concerned about having to have a new truck's tranny (this thread) opened up. We'll tackle that when the letters come out.

I contacted the service advisor I've worked with for the last two years and mentioned the cab mounts. She's heard of them but not sure about availability. The dance is I drive two hours there one way and then they drive it and listen, hope to hear it. I make an appointment for them to actually "officially" look at it on the record and bring it back for the service appointment, another 250 mile trip. My problem with this is one, do they have the ability to put the microphones or said type equipment next to the mounts to document the clunks? Two, are parts available now or are you going to have to do the same thing as Tim went through in the Tradesman truck thread where FCA had to scrap around for parts?

I requested the service advisor contact FCA through the dealer net to first get some education on this. If I can save trips that sure would be helpful since I have to take care of a disabled person. I realize the clock is running on "good miles" calculation so regardless it's important to get on the record.

As I mentioned in the Tradesman clunk thread, it's never a good idea to use gel filled or a dissimilar internal damping material in any kind of mount. Ford tried that with the motor mounts in the Taurus some years ago and all they did was rip and tear. Not sure these mounts of yours are like that but there's enough descriptions here on this website of the symptoms on various vehicles that maybe for FCA, that too isn't working out? Hey, the noise level in my 2017 wasn't a concern to me. This may be a nice to have but maybe not a need to have as my boss always said to me. Maybe Sorbothane® as a single material with a superior damping coefficient would be a solution for you. Unlike fluid-based shock absorbers or foam products, Sorbothane® absorbs shocks efficiently for millions of cycles.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Good Morning Kate from RamCares,

I'm new to forums and not sure how to PM you.

I just bought this truck, 2K miles now, to replace my last truck, a 2017 2500 Diesel 4X4 that Stericycle just took back to FCA last month Jan 2020. That was a two year process/ordeal and not one I want to live again.

Currently I have the cab mount clunk that's discussed in https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-2500-tradesman-with-clunk-rattle.147622/page-10. Also, I'm concerned about having to have a new truck's tranny (this thread) opened up. We'll tackle that when the letters come out.

I contacted the service advisor I've worked with for the last two years and mentioned the cab mounts. She's heard of them but not sure about availability. The dance is I drive two hours there one way and then they drive it and listen, hope to hear it. I make an appointment for them to actually "officially" look at it on the record and bring it back for the service appointment, another 250 mile trip. My problem with this is one, do they have the ability to put the microphones or said type equipment next to the mounts to document the clunks? Two, are parts available now or are you going to have to do the same thing as Tim went through in the Tradesman truck thread where FCA had to scrap around for parts?

I requested the service advisor contact FCA through the dealer net to first get some education on this. If I can save trips that sure would be helpful since I have to take care of a disabled person. I realize the clock is running on "good miles" calculation so regardless it's important to get on the record.

As I mentioned in the Tradesman clunk thread, it's never a good idea to use gel filled or a dissimilar internal damping material in any kind of mount. Ford tried that with the motor mounts in the Taurus some years ago and all they did was rip and tear. Not sure these mounts of yours are like that but there's enough descriptions here on this website of the symptoms on various vehicles that maybe for FCA, that too isn't working out? Hey, the noise level in my 2017 wasn't a concern to me. This may be a nice to have but maybe not a need to have as my boss always said to me. Maybe Sorbothane® as a single material with a superior damping coefficient would be a solution for you. Unlike fluid-based shock absorbers or foam products, Sorbothane® absorbs shocks efficiently for millions of cycles.

I appreciate you reaching out to me, JoeSee. I would be happy to discuss your current concerns further in private message. Please follow up with me there at your earliest convenience. To send us a private message, please click our profile icon. Once you do that, you should see the option 'Start a Conversation'.

Kate
RamCares

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990